New Generation Legacy, Issue 1: Back to School

Agamon

Adventurer
Mudaba Adin Institute for Young Elites, Monday, Sept. 10, 2010

The hot sun beat down on the assembled student body, gathered in the courtyard of their newly christened school. Eritrea, though no longer desert, was still a tropical country, and regardless of time of year, there was no escaping the heat.

Teenage students, ranging from 14 to 19 years old, sit in the relative shade of the courtyard as they are addressed by United Nations luminaries, as well as the heads of the faculty. Petteri Vaasanen, UN Secretary-General is in attendance, as was Evgeni Anatolov, head of the Paranormal Action Executive. Doctor Bashar Hudabo is soon introduced as dean of the institute, though each student has already met the gentleman, as he had made it a point to shake hands and speak with each student as they arrived at the school.

"It is a great day," Dr. Hudabo says from the podium. "Today, both the Barcelona, as well as our own, institutes for young elites opens its doors to begin the first semester. Each of you has a special gift, one we hope to help you learn to control and better use, for your sakes as well as those around you.

"This state-of-the-art institute was built with the unique needs of elite youths in mind. Of course, it's not all about elite abilities, we will also educate you, to grow your minds and help you to be the best you can be as adults.

"Today will be a day of rest, as I know many of you have traveled far. Please take the time to settle in, you have all been assigned dormitory rooms that will become your home for the next school year. Also, you may, familiarize yourself with the school and the grounds, as well as the instructors, who will do their best to answer any questions you may have. You may also see the sites of the city if you wish, but I must remind you of the 9:00 PM curfew for students on evenings before class. And class begins at 8:00 AM sharp tomorrow. Have a great semester!"

Scanning the crowd as everyone rises from their seats, you think there are probably around three dozen other students in attendance. The school is rather large, you don't think you'll need to worry about crowding.

There is a moment of awkwardness, as everywhere everyone looks, they see a strange face. Those cheesy name tags they told you to wear as as you came in may actually be of some use after all...

"Wow, I didn't think that dude was ever gonna shut up," an asian teen announces, maybe a bit too loudly, as he stands and stretches his arms. The comment draws a few stifled laughs.

A few other students stand out, as well. One girl, looking hispanic, possibly of mixed heritage, remains seated, looking not at all impressed. One asian boy stands up, and he's big. Really big. Another girl, possibly indian, seems to make a point to stand off to the side, watching but making no eye contact.

*feel free to mingle or observe or whatever you like*

Shalimar

First Post
Unlike the other students suffering through the heat of the tropic sun, Clover was able to ignore the unpleasant warmth thanks to her powers, and looking around at the sweat appearing on her classmates, she was rather thankful for it. At least the Head's opening speech was short, or rather it wasn't long like the start of term speeches at The King's School were, as the oldest school in the world 1500 years was more than enough time to build up a dreadful store of traditions, most of them long and boring. No, the red-headed girl was more than happy to trade that for this one and its refreshing lack of traditions.

Once the speech was over Clover clapped politely out of reflex, and then rose and stretched her long legs. The students had the rest of the day to do with as they pleased, and she for one intended to do a proper job of enjoying it. "That one wasn't too bad luv, you should've heard the speeches the head gave at King's School in London. This weren't but a a few sentences in comparision. Those speeches lasted hours." Clover says grinning at the asian boy who had made the comment and gotten his laughs.

Tapping the name tag on which she'd added a drawing of a four-leaf Clover, she holds out her hand to the boy. "I'd like to pretend we aren't wearing these gonk tags, so hi, I'm Clover, pleased to meet you."

Last edited:

Samnell

Explorer
Jerry picked himself a spot right in the blazing sunlight. Felt a bit like Queensland. He had plenty of choices and nobody else seemed to want them. Having a shadow inside wasn't all bad and the sun helped him wake up from the long plane ride. Doc Hudabo seemed pretty average for heads, bit uptight and all on about rules. Jerry'd seen worse.

"Wow, I didn't think that dude was ever gonna shut up," an asian teen announces, maybe a bit too loudly, as he stands and stretches his arms. The comment draws a few stifled laughs.

Jerry only half-stifled his laugh. Good timing, that one. Deciding that was a guy to know, he made his way over and found an English girl already there. At least she isn't on about the Queen. Jerry flew the first leg to Singapore sitting next to some Yank on holiday that wouldn't get off the old bat. Sat right next to a pitch white Chinese guy and that's what he wanted to ask about?

Giving a smile, Jerry approached both, "G'day," he glanced down at his nametag, where all four names were crammed in. It wasn't losing, or gaining, color yet. Mostly things didn't go that fast, but little flimsy things were different. "This thing says I'm Jerry. Nobody came after me for nicking it yet so must be right."

Jerry's doing his best, with my inept social skills, to make a good impression. :)

Trilly looked around curiously, trying to figure who came from where and what they might be able to do. She was having to work VERY hard to not go around tapping folks on the shoulder and ask 'what can you do?'

Keep cool girl, don't need to go showing how redneck you can be. She reminds herself as she gets up, stretching a bit. Not realizing that her abilities show a little bit as she runs a hand down her back to scratch an itchy spot. Or that arching her back made her gain about 10 inches of height as she settles back into her normal dimensions.

Once done, and back to the typical blond in blue jeans and a wolfpack tshirt, she looks around curiously to see if there was anyone that stood out. She sighed as she looked around, pouting slightly. This was different that the Harnett County High school with maybe 1300 students.

Agamon

Adventurer
"That one wasn't too bad luv, you should've heard the speeches the head gave at King's School in London. This weren't but a a few sentences in comparision. Those speeches lasted hours." Clover says grinning at the asian boy who had made the comment and gotten his laughs.

Tapping the name tag on which she'd added a drawing of a four-leaf Clover, she holds out her hand to the boy. "I'd like to pretend we aren't wearing these gonk tags, so hi, I'm Clover, pleased to meet you."

"Hey," he replies. His accent is sounds more american than asian. His name tag is illegible unless you can read kanji, however. "I'm Yoshi." He extends his hand but pulls it away at the last second with a smirk. "Oh, too slow. And who isn't pleased to meet me?"

Giving a smile, Jerry approached both, "G'day," he glanced down at his nametag, where all four names were crammed in. It wasn't losing, or gaining, color yet. Mostly things didn't go that fast, but little flimsy things were different. "This thing says I'm Jerry. Nobody came after me for nicking it yet so must be right."

"Whoa, dude, you need to get that looked at," he says, noting the Jerry's skin tone.

"Hey guys!" announces a shorter, dark haired boy. "Isn't this place cool? My name's James. Can you believe this used to be desert? Man, it's hot out here. Isn't this place cool though?"

Once done, and back to the typical blond in blue jeans and a wolfpack tshirt, she looks around curiously to see if there was anyone that stood out. She sighed as she looked around, pouting slightly. This was different that the Harnett County High school with maybe 1300 students.

"Wow, did you just like totally stretch? That is so awesome!" another blonde says as she approaches Trilly. Her accent places her on the west coast of the US. "I'm Stacy. So where you from...Trilly?" she asks, reading the name tag.

"Yeah, I did. An I'm from Erwin, North Carolina. Just a little ole hole in the wall down and out textile town in the eastern side of the state."Trilly says with a southern accent that seems more pronounced in the proper stilted engish of a more European source.

"I'm.. well you can call me Reach, banned in High School Basketball an Volleyball through out the southern part of the Eastern Seaboard." She has an infectious grin about her as she looks around. "And where you from Stacy? Someways out west I figure from your accent."

Samnell

Explorer
"Whoa, dude, you need to get that looked at," he says, noting the Jerry's skin tone.

Jerry laughed, "It's normal. Something to do with how light effects me. Can't even get sunburn. Messes with my clothes, though." Jerry pulled at the glossy black, skintight t-shirt stretched across his well-built frame, "This used to be blue, and the trousers were white before they were black. Sometimes things to to white instead. Just things, though. No worries for people unless they're trying to snake my wave. Has its benefits."

Jerry spotted a leaf fallen off one of the shade trees and his white eyes went black. He made a snatching gesture with his hand and something the same color as his darkened eyes stretched out from the hand, catching the leaf in midair. Tendrils of shadowstuff drifted off from all sides in rippling motions something like living flames as the projection carried the leaf into Jerry's hand. The shadows boiled away in an instant and Jerry's eyes returned to normal.

"It's good for moving furniture too."

"Hey guys!" announces a shorter, dark haired boy. "Isn't this place cool? My name's James. Can you believe this used to be desert? Man, it's hot out here. Isn't this place cool though?"

"G'day, James," Jerry shot out another winning smile. "Did you see the giant sandal* on the way in?"

*Referring to the photo Agamon dug up for us in the OOC thread.

Shalimar

First Post

"It must be then." Clover agrees affably with her fellow Queen's subject. Not that it was more than just nominal, but it was more of a connection than she would have with the yanks like Yoshi, if she was reading his accent right. "I'm Clover, nice to meet you Jerry. Wouldn't be detecting another subject of the her majesty would I?" she asks the bleached asian with a bit of a smirk. "Anyway, its good to have another person who speaks the Queen's english about, bloody yanks will be butchering the poor girl and driving me to the nut house otherwise."

"Hey," he replies. His accent is sounds more american than asian. His name tag is illegible unless you can read kanji, however. "I'm Yoshi." He extends his hand but pulls it away at the last second with a smirk. "Oh, too slow. And who isn't pleased to meet me?"

"I do see that they managed to bollocks up yer name tag, its not like it can serve the purpouse if no one can read the bloody thing." Clover says, indicating the Kanji name tag. When the boy drops his hand before she can shake it, Clover grins affably, "careful there speedy, otherwise a girl might be gettin the wrong idea and think thats not the only thing your too quick with luv." the Brit teased.

"Bangin!" Clover exclaimed as Jerry started to show off with his shadow, and she even caught a glimpse of another girl showing off her powers as she stretched, growing almost a third of a meter. Sex on legs that one is, the girl thought to herself as she watched Trilly shrink back down and got a good look at her.

"This place is pretty hot James, but I could make it hotter if I was of a mind. I can control the weather, though not enough to muck about with an entire desert like this...though I can do summat about the heat around the school if I wanted to." Clover said and then looked up at the sky. "Yes...I do think making it a bit cooler would win me a fair few friends." as she spoke the heat gradually subsided, not a major change, but lowering the temperature 5 degrees made things noticably more pleasant for those touched by the heat.

"Not sure how long it'll last though." the red-head said thoughtfully as she looked around the others and then broke into a grin. "I'm just sod all at it just yet, haven't had a chance to practice much. Only found out maybe a week ago after some blighter hit me on the back of the noggin with a bottle of whiskey, and then bang hear I am without too much of a chance to turn around and get my bearings."

OOC: Clover has made the temperature 5 degrees cooler, making the change pretty noticeable.

Last edited:

Samnell

Explorer
"I'm Clover, nice to meet you Jerry. Wouldn't be detecting another subject of the her majesty would I?" she asks the bleached asian with a bit of a smirk.

"Guilty enough," Jerry confessed. "By way of Sydney."

"Anyway, its good to have another person who speaks the Queen's english about, bloody yanks will be butchering the poor girl and driving me to the nut house otherwise."

Jerry laughed, already noticing a few differences in his speaking habits and Clover's.

"Bangin!" Clover exclaimed as Jerry started to show off with his shadow

Jerry sketched a deliberately bad bow and his own shadow rose up and swallowed him whole, only to disgorge him a foot to the left, "Has its perks. Not sure on how far I can go yet."

"Not sure how long it'll last though." the red-head said thoughtfully as she looked around the others and then broke into a grin. "I'm just sod all at it just yet, haven't had a chance to practice much. Only found out maybe a week ago after some blighter hit me on the back of the noggin with a bottle of whiskey, and then bang hear I am without too much of a chance to turn around and get my bearings."

"You can fix the weather?" Jerry asked with intense interest. "Winds too? Could you stir up good waves? Even swells, not choppy? I knew I should of brought my board with me."

Shalimar

First Post
"Teleportation...wicked. I reckon I can fly, though I haven't really attempted it. Boy would my face be red I got it wrong...red, and black and blue." the british girl said with an easy grin.

"I'm pretty sure I can fly at any rate. The news hounds actually caught my break out. They are still showing it on the telly a week or two later. Got m' head near bashed in and a tornado pops up and starts flinging people about and carrying me around. I guess that means we're both in the right place Jerry. Maybe none of us here can really control what we can do yet, at least thats what I reckon."

"I'm from Dinorben, in England. Its near the coast. but I didn't ever get up to much surfing. My mum wouldn't have thought such a thing was very lady like, not like hitting things with swords and wearing armor is very lady-like for that matter, but I never really spent much time at the beach, kind of funny for living near the beach on an Island."
the girl says with a grin. "My dad's the Baron of Dinorben, though he's actually a Colonel in the UN Peace Keeper forces. I'm hopping he might be able to stop in every now and again. He's wicked cool, not like most of those stuffy nobles at court. He taught me to hunt and track, to camp and all sorts of things that most of those stuffed shirts wouldn't bother to teach a girl."

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases