New Jobs

Solange

First Post
General Profession
Use of the Profession Skill
Requirements: 1 Rank in Profession.
Sp/week: 25 silver + 25 Copper/bonus in Profession.

Entertainer

Entertainers perform for money in many places around Orussis. Some performers are so good, they find personal sponsors.
Requirements: 4 Ranks of perform (Spread out among any number of Perform skills)
sp/week: 20 SP + 3 SP/Bonus in Perform.
Special: High perform checks might attract a personal sponsor who may pay better.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
These don't scale at the same rate as the baseline jobs which generally add 2.5 silver per point of bonus in the skill. Particularly, the proposed performer scales quadratically and at a faster growth than standard even at the lowest, moving to extreme levels quickly. Merchant, for instance, has to pay 500 for a store, and even then only makes 25 silver + 2.5 silver per skill bonus. This equalises with the performer's 5 silver per skill bonus at skill bonus of 10 (both get 50 silver), and after that, even if the performer didn't quadratically increase so it gets 110 silver at skill bonus 11 (Merchant still gets 52.5), it would still get more. Because of the quadratic expansion, skill bonus 26 will grant the performer 780 silver while the merchant gets 90 silver).

This scaling is a bit weird.

Bront

The man with the probe
The pay scale for Profession looks about right if we assume 4 RL weeks ~ 1 In Game week.

Perform is tricky, because the pay scales with the performance (at about the rate she has it here). I'm not sure I'd actually have it scale so much, but 2-3 scales of some kind might fit.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
The pay scale for Profession looks about right if we assume 4 RL weeks ~ 1 In Game week.

Perform is tricky, because the pay scales with the performance (at about the rate she has it here). I'm not sure I'd actually have it scale so much, but 2-3 scales of some kind might fit.
It does in the srd chart, but does that mean we want performers to be unilaterally better (and cheaper) than every other job, while meanwhile Perform has other in-game uses and Profession(Merchant) is worthless except to make money?

Also, the profession scale is whacked compared to the Professions we already have here (it pays less to start and more at the end--the key is that the current jobs assume a take 10, so they add a flat amount for the take 10 in addition to the per bonus amount that Solange's jobs do not, but Solange's jobs scale more quickly)

Solange

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Also, the profession scale is whacked compared to the Professions we already have here (it pays less to start and more at the end--the key is that the current jobs assume a take 10, so they add a flat amount for the take 10 in addition to the per bonus amount that Solange's jobs do not, but Solange's jobs scale more quickly)
Actualy, the take 10 is factored in there (25 silvers = take 10, I just didn't factor in the full bonus, which was my mistake.

As for perform, I just tried to recreate the chart mostly. I wasn't sure if it really worked well, so I put it out there. I'm open for fixing it, I just thought it was strangely missing.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Solange said:
Actualy, the take 10 is factored in there (25 silvers = take 10, I just didn't factor in the full bonus, which was my mistake.

As for perform, I just tried to recreate the chart mostly. I wasn't sure if it really worked well, so I put it out there. I'm open for fixing it, I just thought it was strangely missing.
If you get 25 silvers for 10, why do you then get 5 more for each additional +1? Since 2.5 * 10 = 25, shouldn't it be 2.5 per?

orsal

LEW Judge
Bront said:

The original jobs were based on 2 RL weeks ~ 1 IG week. That is to say, you will earn as much in 2 real-life weeks in our game as you would playing by the SRD in 1 in-game week taking 10.

Bront

The man with the probe
orsal said:
The original jobs were based on 2 RL weeks ~ 1 IG week. That is to say, you will earn as much in 2 real-life weeks in our game as you would playing by the SRD in 1 in-game week taking 10.
That means Profession pay is low.

Remove ads