OGRE Help Wiki Unavailable

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yeah - the wiki is very old, unsupported software, and it's showing cracks. I shut it off because it was slowing the whole site down. The posts are all still there; just need to figure out the best way to proceed.

PieAndDragon

Duncan T
Ok, I was going to reference it in a blog post about OGRE, but I'll figure a way around it.
Is it possible to get the text of the ogre help into a forum thread post or just a copy of it I can use as a temporary fix?

Otherwise as a sticky thread in a random generation / ogre sub forum (Although I suspect EN World wants to keep these to a minumum).

Happy to give some time if there's any way to help out.

Thanks
Duncan

DM Howard

Explorer
Yeah - the wiki is very old, unsupported software, and it's showing cracks. I shut it off because it was slowing the whole site down. The posts are all still there; just need to figure out the best way to proceed.

Can you move Echohawk's Collector's Lists off of the wiki, if you plan to keep it off?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Can you move Echohawk's Collector's Lists off of the wiki, if you plan to keep it off?

I don't "plan" to do anything at the moment - I'm still trying to work out what to do. With luck it can be fixed or replaced.

I have had this idea for a few years now that anybody starting a thread anywhere on the site could check a box and that thread becomes a "Wiki Thread". It operates just like any other thread, except anybody can edit the first post, just like it was a wiki page. That would be better than an entire wiki tucked away in a corner of the site, I feel. If I got that done, all the wiki pages could just be moved over with a click.

DM Howard

Explorer
I have had this idea for a few years now that anybody starting a thread anywhere on the site could check a box and that thread becomes a "Wiki Thread". It operates just like any other thread, except anybody can edit the first post, just like it was a wiki page. That would be better than an entire wiki tucked away in a corner of the site, I feel. If I got that done, all the wiki pages could just be moved over with a click.

That would be pretty amazing if it worked correctly. :)

Note that the wiki pages are actually just threads with different formatting. You can access them as simple threads here:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?463-Wiki-Pages

(You'd have to poke around to find the page you were evoking for, though).

Good to know, thanks!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think it is something we can do. I think it would have greater utility than a separate wiki.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases