• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

WOIN OLD nigh-final playtest draft (Sep 2019)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hopefully the last! Use this thread for errata. Please keep it to actual errors rather than discussion or questions (feel free to start new threads for those).

Contents/Index to follow. Don’t worry about those.

Attachments

easl

Explorer
p15 the inset says all attributes except Mag start at 3. However the sample characters (Appendix B, starts on page 290) have Reps that (once career advances are calculated in), started at 0.

[Gratuitous add: HUGE thanks for including us forumites in the development process.]

Last edited:

easl

Explorer
P47, the entry for Arcane bolt, change:
"...Make a MAG attack vs. your target’s Ranged Defense." to:
"...Make a MAG (evocation) attack vs. your target’s Ranged Defense."
This would make it consistent with the Druid and Firemage, and remove any player doubts about what skill applies.

easl

Explorer
p67 omits a subtitle and examples (e.g. example skills) for Vital Defense. These ARE listed on page 66, so players should be able to figure it out, however in terms of section and subsection structure it's a clear omission.

Shaun Palmer

Villager
The Spell Components section of Elements of Magic is missing. It was between the Transform and Spell List section.

This included metals, components, gemstones, creature parts, alchemy etc, including the list of gemstone values.

Len

Prodigal Member
p. 160: The sidebar text overlaps the image. (It was formatted correctly in draft06.)

Len

Prodigal Member
p. 201: "Immobilize" refers to "the severe Mobility status", which is from the old status track rules. Should be "the Restrained condition". Also, for consistency with other spell effects, it should inflict the standard or severe condition for 2 or 4 MP respectively, but that would be a significant reduction from the current 5 MP for the standard condition.

Len

Prodigal Member
I see that most of the changes on the W.O.I.N. errata page have been incorporated into this draft, except for swapping attack dice for damage. The errata page says it's 1-for-1 but draft09 still says it's 2-for-1. (p. 147). I'm not sure which one of those is the error. :)

Shaun Palmer

Villager
That section was removed from an earlier draft. If you were using those rules, I guess you can just keep them from the previous version.
If the components and gems are gone, then the Laboratory Bonus Exploit on page 240 should be removed, as well as the magic item creation example on page 220 "A 5,000 gc gem is consumed in the process to grant Augusto 7 Magic Points. "

Advertisement