ONLINe or RPG via IM

KAy...

Being that Im technologically limited.....but I consider that the technology is there...
Has anyone ran a "online" rpg? via IM or similar process? Id definately want a "real time" experience....

I have 2 frends that were critical to our old campaign....and they're starving to play D&D..
My thought is to run a campaing via the internet.

Has anyone done a game on line?...Im at a total loss of how this would be done...
I mean do we have to buy web cams so we can "See" the actual rolls?!?!?

I would think it could be done via IM .......I know that there is GMF Campaign..but this too is a mystery to me....

Please explain the process....and any suggestions on attempting this type of gaming.

:confused:

themind

Explorer
Well, i play on a play by post site called Roleplay Online. Each game has its own little domain where the player and teh DM can play without interuption from random people, it's invite only to be able to post in a game. Each domain has a Dice roller, private messages, public messages and such. It's really good. It's play by post so it's isnt real fast. Everyone posts when they can, which most of the time is at least once a day.

For IM, I am not really sure, but i think there is a program called RPGnow, not sure, that has a little thing where players can play, with a dice roller and such.

Xen155

First Post
Im grounded, locked up. The summer looks bleak...

Is their a way to have multiple voice chat windows open on aim. If not is thier some other way to have a voice chat with multiple people over the internet.

N e e d D & D . . .

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases