(OOC) Fitz's Folly (ToA PBP)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Seems legit. There's really no specific right or wrong way except maybe GM fiat. Had one kill my character that way because a couple of us had a problem with his already wacky expectations. Bunch of brand new characters and one of his NPC's demanded 10 gold for the honor of talking to a prisoner.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Seems legit. There's really no specific right or wrong way except maybe GM fiat. Had one kill my character that way because a couple of us had a problem with his already wacky expectations. Bunch of brand new characters and one of his NPC's demanded 10 gold for the honor of talking to a prisoner.

Yeah, that would be the wrong way. I think the absolute main thing is "play nice with others". I have my preferences, but I don't mind trying to do things in any way that a player prefers, when it's reasonable. Just play nice with others and these games are the best!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
NOTE: Let's try to keep the Out of Character chat here, please. It's what it's for, of course.

hmmm, no line of sight for the watchers. Maybe that one stright across? With covers probably, but if there is nothing to shoot from the outside, simply move them inside. Climbing speed and old wall go will together

Yes, I'll have them climb inside. The walls are solid enough for their climb speed to work, between the rope and the arrow-slits, lots of things to hold onto.

We did string a rope along the hall with some pitons. Should be possible to traverse the gap with an athletics check?

Yes, others with no climb speed can work their way along the wall with the rope, if need be. Rope's not super steady or easy (imagine what climbing along a wall sideways with an unsteady rope would be like) so dc is 15, speed is halved, you get stuck if you fail (speed reduced to 0), you fall if you roll 5 or lower. I will allow acrobatics as well as athletics because I feel that grace would help here every bit as much as brute athleticism.

Should be doable for most characters.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
@Kobold Stew - There's light in the main chamber - Harb is holding a torch. (There would be dim light over the mosaic anyway from the hole in the roof that gave enough light for the brown moss to grow). The torch overrides that, though.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I think there may be a few things unclear - probably because of the map not loading originally. The hallway leading out collapsed into a pit, but the mosaic just shifted from a snake-fighting-a-monkey to a snake-eating-a-monkey. The room is dark, but Harb still holds a torch. There's a secret door right next to Dellrak that leads into a room with a large snake statue, where defenders could poke spears through the arrow-holes or shoot at anyone who fell into the hallway's pit. (Though no one is in those rooms ATM.) I hope that's more (not less) clear.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases