OOC: The hunt for the blue palace (Troika!/Yoon-Suin, full for now).

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
A note on damage: Although your characters probably feel "low level", they actually are quite tough for humans. 10 damage would kill most humans (he rolled really well). That 6 damage cut probably reached the bone.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
So the game is going well (I hope!) and good progress has been made. It's not the time yet to answer the question (you haven't found the blue palace!) but it is time to think about this - once you've found the palace, will you be satisfied? (ie the game folds up) or will you want to keep going?

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
The encounter we just did didn't quite the way I anticipated, but that's ok. I didn't expect the tamasic men to survive. So well done! :)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I wonder if the tamasic men no longer count as failures to the fates?
The Yoon Suin belief system says that this life is a punishment for past misdeeds. However, if they live "well" in this life, in a future life they will be rewarded with a better station...

What was "supposed" to happen (I say "supposed" because the PC can always, and often do, change the outcome) was a fight on the tower top, the tamasic men panicking, and flying away as a group. BUT they are weak fliers, they start losing altitude, the spiders notice, abandon the tower to give chase, catch them and devour them as the party watches from the top of the tower. Very dramatic stuff, but I was worried about this scene - would the PCs feel powerless, unable to stop the event?

Well you just prevented it. Well done!

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Congratulations!

You have found the blue palace. The adventure is now over. Thank you so much for taking part, and I hope you had fun. Thank you also for helping me playtest this (it's now the second time a group has been through), in particular the encounter at the tower with the tamasic men (that area wasn't visited by my other players). I will publish this adventure on my blog eventually :)

So... what next? Well I'm certainly not running this over the holidays. And I know not everyone will want to return. We can

1: It's over, it's done, step away. I can write a small epilogue, but that will be it.

If on the other hand some people reaaly want to continue we can (after christmas!)

2: Explore the blue palace. It's essentially a large "dungeon"

3: Do something else in Yoon Suin.

Personally, I'm not 100% sure I want to continue - play by post is fun but soooo frustrating in some ways - but I would like to hear from you.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases