• No, their manga is not for me.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Come ci come ca...(unsure)

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • What manga was that again?

Votes: 8 18.6%

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Megatokyo is absolutely, completely and without any qualifiers of any kind, brilliant. Brilliant.

I love it. It ranks with "Strangers In Paradise" and "Buffy" for me. Or at least, it has the potential to rank with those. Give it a bit longer, maybe, but I never miss an episode.

graydoom

First Post
Megatokyo is simple awesome. I'm so glad that they're back up after the downtime they had recently. I'm not normally a big fan of manga, but Megatokyo is great!

Attachments

• POWEREDbytheDREAMRbanner.jpg
    POWEREDbytheDREAMRbanner.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 760
  • LovesLaboursLiberatedBanner.jpg
    LovesLaboursLiberatedBanner.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 727

Matchstick

Adventurer
Huh?

How can anyone read it on a regular basis? It doesn't seem to follow any real schedule due to conventions, server crashes, lack of inspiration, and a seeming endless list of other excuses.

When I see the stick figures I cringe. I've never seen a stick figure episode that's even remotely entertaining.

It's difficult to tell the female characters apart, at least it is for me. Usually I have to get a friend to tell me who is who, and even he can't tell some of the time.

The art, when it gets done, is good. I like the storyline with the kid and the girl and his sketchbook. I don't like the heavyhanded slapstick of the l33t dude, I feel like those episodes are forced.

Anyway, YMMV, and mine definitely does in this case.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Re: Huh?

Matchstick said:
How can anyone read it on a regular basis? It doesn't seem to follow any real schedule due to conventions, server crashes, lack of inspiration, and a seeming endless list of other excuses.
Okay - I try to follow it as much as it's possible to. Happy now? :rolleyes:

When I see the stick figures I cringe. I've never seen a stick figure episode that's even remotely entertaining.
Granted, they usually aren't that good.

It's difficult to tell the female characters apart, at least it is for me. Usually I have to get a friend to tell me who is who, and even he can't tell some of the time.
Most of them are easily recognizable, but some aren't, yeah...

Amrynn Moonshadow

First Post
I find megatokyo hilarious . . .

and i LIKE the stick figure episodes, i guess it's just the way they satirize it. (loved the one about kyo and iori as consciouses for dom and ed)

then again, i like manga/anime stuff. (macross, mononoke, ninja scroll...lodoss war) so i guess i'm biased. i love how they are always making fun of bioware, i can't wait for NWN to come out, and i doubt they can either.

my wife even has an "i am cute" shirt from their webstore! (because i am a freak who can't stop spending money on the internet)

Remove ads