(ot) oriental adventures

redwing

First Post
I was thinking about starting an OA campaing but do not understand much about it instead of running out and blowing 30 bucks I thought id ask you

some questions
1. ON the WotC website in Art Gallery for OA there is a picture of the races. I cant tell what some of these are. Any help?

2. What are the classes? (not prestige, just basic) (does it even change from the PHB or did they make new ones or just prestige classes?)

If this is confusing sorry im in a hurry.

Wolf72

Explorer
worth it

Samurai is a class (and a social ranking), sohei (combo monk/barbarian/paladin type), wu-jen (alt.wizard), shaman, and shujenja ... monk 2.0 and cool feats.

I thought the book was worth the money, I'm not to up on Rokugan (nor do I plan on following it), but the human clans were a cool new way of looking at 'race'.

new races: Nezumi-rat people, hengyokai, spirit folk, korobokuru (dwarfs), and vanara-monkey peeps ... all pretty cool.

new spells too

Black Omega

First Post
redwing said:
I was thinking about starting an OA campaing but do not understand much about it instead of running out and blowing 30 bucks I thought id ask you

Hard to see buying the source material as 'blowing' the money, but oh well. I'd be very hesitant to GM a campaign where I didn't understand the genre.

some questions
1. ON the WotC website in Art Gallery for OA there is a picture of the races. I cant tell what some of these are. Any help?

Left to right: Hengeyokai (animal based shapeshifter), Nezumi (ratling-Rokugan), Human.;), Korobokuru (OA Style Dwarf), Spirit Folk, Vanara (Monkey race).

2. What are the classes? (not prestige, just basic) (does it even change from the PHB or did they make new ones or just prestige classes?)

Samurai, Shaman, Shugenja, Sohei, Wu Jen. They also list adjustments to various PHB classes.

Last edited:

LcKedovan

Explorer
There is also a site for conversions from the old rules, as well as original new material:

The Wu Jen

And I bought the book even though I have the old stuff, it's a little too LoT5R for me, but then again, I am one of the old school Kara-tur folks from 1e.

-Will

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Also, there's soo much stuff in OA that can easily be used for all sorts of campaigns - e.g., Feats, Prestige Classes,... :)

Great book...

Remove ads