OUT OF THE ABYSS Has Derro - Check Them Out!

WotC has sent along a Derro-themed package today. This is a page from Out of the Abyss (the upcoming adventure, September 15th), plus an additional piece of Derro-tastic art. Derro, as you may know, first showed up in 1982's The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth. Degenerate dwarves, they are evil and sneaky, and often feature powerful magic-wielding savants in their midst. Not only that, though - this page also shows an index of all the new NPCs and monsters in the adventure, sorted by Challenge Rating!

For my previous coverage of Out of the Abyss, including lots of other previews, click right here!

derro_art.jpeg

derro__1440608675_82.22.21.127.jpg

Nebulous

Legend
I think it is just new monsters and NPCs, no existing MM creatures are on the list. And we might not get Demon Lord stats. I mean, maybe, I dunno, I never thought PCs were supposed to fight them but maybe so.

That hooked spear is terrible.
Just using the trip action promises more success...
if it was a finesse weapon it would make remote sense...

Of course you can use it against larger than large creatures... but chance of success is still low.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nikmal

First Post
That hooked spear is terrible.
Just using the trip action promises more success...
if it was a finesse weapon it would make remote sense...

Of course you can use it against larger than large creatures... but chance of success is still low.

Not a spear, it is a very crooked staff is all.

hawkeyefan

Legend
Looks good. Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth was the first published adventure I can remember playing in, so I've always had a soft spot for the derro.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases