Pathfinder 2E Pathfinder Bestiary 2 Preview

Paizo has shared the Table of Contents and some descriptions of Grendel, Morlock. Ravener, and Serpentfolk from Bestiary 2, which releases on May 27th.
Paizo has shared the Table of Contents and some descriptions of Grendel, Morlock. Ravener, and Serpentfolk from Bestiary 2, which releases on May 27th.

More than 300 menacing monsters and fearsome foes await within a compendium of creatures from the world of Pathfinder! From classic adversaries like giants, dragons, and the jabberwock to potential allies and servants suitable for summoners of every alignment, this must-have expansion to the Pathfinder Bestiary seethes with enemies to challenge characters of any level.

toc1.png

toc2.png

toc3.png

Erdric Dragin

Adventurer
Oh yay, wow, looks almost exactly like one of my PF1 bestiaries. Just rebuying the game all over, no thanks. Should have stuck with PF1 and not try to compete with 5e. Sad Paizo went the route WotC did with 4e

kenada

Legend
Supporter
I got my subscription copy last week. I’ve just flipped through it, but there are some cool monsters. It really fills in the gaps from 1e. There were some monsters I was using from before we switched to PF2 that I can use again. Also, there are four pages of oozes! 😆

Retreater

Legend
Oh yay, wow, looks almost exactly like one of my PF1 bestiaries. Just rebuying the game all over, no thanks. Should have stuck with PF1 and not try to compete with 5e. Sad Paizo went the route WotC did with 4e
Yeah. Paizo went the same direction that many other companies have gone when they publish updated editions of their game that they think will refresh the line, balance the game, and improve play. Like when WotC published 3rd edition or 5th edition.
You're not "rebuying" the game all over again. The monsters might have the same names, but they play differently - trust me, as someone who's GMing a group of players who won't touch PF1 but love PF2 (and they prefer it to 5e). It's like complaining that there are stats for a red dragon in all editions of D&D.

ronaldsf

Explorer

Oh, yay, it looks exactly like the same things they did with PF1. On top of that, they're trying to be 5E. AND just repeat what they did with PF1. Yeah.

Remove ads

Remove ads