Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Character Builder?

jydog1

Explorer
Starting in a new Pathfinder campaign and looking for a good character builder program. I've tinkered around with a few out there, does anyone know of one that's superlative? Thanks.

neofax

First Post
I second PC-Gen, especially since shortly they will be adding more Pathfinder material(according to the BOD meeting notes). For non-free, I also use Herolab.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I second HeroLab. Not free, but awesome and fairly easily customizeable for house rules.

Also has a resource tracker and tactical console.

Ghostwind

First Post
I know Heroforge Software is in the process of developing a Pathfinder character gen but I don't know how far along they are.

HyrumOWC

First Post
I love Hero Lab, it's hands down the best I've used. It's also now the official software for Pathfinder and has tons of support for it.

Hyrum.

mindcloud

Explorer
Can you clarify the portion I emphasized above?

It's not exactly "official" yet there have been discussions between Piazo and Lone Wolf about it. But they do have a working relationship with Piazo and have added support for all for the bestiary monsters, pathfinder chronicles, and APG play test classes. The thing that has sold me on it more than the software even is their great customer support and interaction. The fact that is supports a crap-load of different games helps to :D.

Here is one of the threads talking about the discussions with Piazo. Scroll down to my second post and look at rob's reply.
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=9854

Hero Lab - Lone Wolf Development

Last edited:

IronWolf

blank
It's not exactly "official" yet there have been discussions between Piazo and Lone Wolf about it. But they do have a working relationship with Piazo and have added support for all for the bestiary monsters, pathfinder chronicles, and APG play test classes. The thing that has sold me on it more than the software even is their great customer support and interaction. The fact that is supports a crap-load of different games helps to :D.

Here is one of the threads talking about the discussions with Piazo. Scroll down to my second post and look at rob's reply.
Release Schedule? - Lone Wolf Development Forums

Hero Lab - Lone Wolf Development

Cool! Thanks for posting the links for the additional information.

Papa-DRB

First Post
I also use PCGen (Version 5.16.2).

Pathfinder RPG Core Rule Book and the Bestiary are available as a separate (and still free) download.

Also the free Basic Traits and a couple of the Adventure Paths are in the data section.

Since I use my laptop at the table (I am the DM), I just keep the program open during the game and "print preview" in my browser all the PCs and the current opponent(s).

-- david
Papa.DRB

Remove ads