D&D 5E Planescape, Bigby, Phandelver and the Deck of Many Things: Covers & Details Revealed!

The covers of the upcoming D&D books — including Planescape, Glory of the Giants, and the Deck of Many Things have been revealed.

• August 15th -- Bigby Presents: Glory of the Giants ($59.95)
  • August 15th -- The Practically Complete Guide to Dragons ($39.95)
  • September 19th -- Phandelver and Below: The Shattered Obelisk ($59.95)
  • October 16th -- Planescape: Adventures in the Multiverse ($TBA)
  • November 14th -- Book of Many Things ($TBA)

IMG_9191.jpeg

bigby.jpeg

Coming August 15th with two variants. Lore about giants, 76 stat blocks, feats, and a giant subclass.

IMG_9192.jpeg

3 hardcovers in a boxed set-- 96 page guide to Sigil, 64-page bestiary, and 96-page adventure, along with a poster map and DM screen. Coming October 16th.

IMG_9193.jpeg

224-page adventure for levels 1-12, poster map, 16 new monsters. Coming September 19th.

IMG_9194.jpeg

66 illustrated cards, 192-page book with lore, character options, magic items, and monsters, 80-page card reference guide, all in a slipcase. Coming November 14th.​

Last edited by a moderator:

I congratulate the artists for the pictures showed in those covers. There is "glamour", somethint turning on your imagination.

The giants need a good story, something style "Game of Thrones" but with more superpowers.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I had been trying to keep all my books matching, but I've been given the alt covers for Fizban's, Candlekeep, and the Golden Vault already, and I just love, love, love that art DiTerlizzi shared online (see my post above). If that's what features on the alt cover set (or similar) then I will not be able to resist.
The dimensions of that art suggest it's a screen to me. I would assume the alternate slipcase will have a similar vibe, though.

Quickleaf

Legend
With Vecna coming next year along with 5.5e, that description of the Fortune's Wheel adventure involving a "a plot to undermine the rules of reality" has eeries undertones of Die Vecna Die! released as meta-plot transition from AD&D to 3e.

And everybody knows how much Planescape fans loved Die Vecna Die! which wasn't contentious at all. 😏

Original Setting
64 pages on the planes
96 pages on the Sigil and the Outlands
30ish pages for players.

Total: 180ish pages of setting and covered all of the planes

New Boxed Set
96 pages on Sigil and the Outlans

Total: Around half the setting material of the original boxed set, not more.

I would have liked to see a 200-250ish page setting book that gave us the entire setting. Planescape is one of my favorite settings. The Sword Coast Adventure Guide has shown us that once WotC has released a sliver of a setting, they don't finish it up.

Edit: I missed that you were talking about the adventure adding more. It will probably add a bit, but still fall way short of the original amount of setting material.

Agree 110%, its a mix of too short page count with the adventure eating a huge amount of space.

Note WotC stop putting adventures into setting products, its coming at major expense of the setting. Even 4e knew not to do this.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases