Pogre's 2022 Miniatures and Models Thread - Today's Gaming set-up - A Classic D&D Adventure Site!

MGibster

Legend
My latest Imperial Knight is a Castellan model. I've pretty much got a whole army now and don't really need to make any additional purchases. I'll be getting a bonus this year so I might buy a Forge World knight model. But it's not like I need it.

Castellan.JPG

pogre

Legend
Just a trio of models this time.

First up is an old school GW orc.
2022_02_05_minis_oldgworc.jpeg

Next is an interesting model - hopefully the inspiration for a D&D adventure or at least an encounter. Not sure if she will be an ally or enemy. I am calling her Queen of the Sea for now.
2022_02_05_minis_seaqueen.jpeg

2022_02_05_minis_seaqueenb.jpeg

Finally a character model my son Keegan sculpted and painted. The PC is a lizardman druid.
2022_02_05_minis_zuldemoc.jpeg

2022_02_05_minis_zuldemocb.jpeg

2022_02_05_minis_zuldemocc.jpeg

I am particularly fond of the jaguar print he painted.

Keep crafting and painting!

Richards

Legend
I find myself intrigued as to why the Queen of the Sea has a ring of suckers on her stomach, of all places. Is this the undersea equivalent to wearing a fanny pack?

Johnathan

MGibster

Legend
And my latest project has been an Adult White Dragon from Wiz Kids. But since white is a tough color to paint I said, "To hell with that!" and went with red instead. I was inspired by a YouTube tutorial by Dana Howl who painted a dragon using the new Speed Paints from Army Painter. I don't have any of those so I used Citadel contrast paints with my airbrush and followed that up with some detail work with a regular brush. I'm not sure how I feel about the purple claws but overall I'm happy with the finished product.

Red_Dragon_1.JPG

Red_Dragon_2.JPG

pogre

Legend
And my latest project has been an Adult White Dragon from Wiz Kids. But since white is a tough color to paint I said, "To hell with that!" and went with red instead. I was inspired by a YouTube tutorial by Dana Howl who painted a dragon using the new Speed Paints from Army Painter. I don't have any of those so I used Citadel contrast paints with my airbrush and followed that up with some detail work with a regular brush. I'm not sure how I feel about the purple claws but overall I'm happy with the finished product.

View attachment 151795

View attachment 151796
This is fantastic. I have to find way to get my air brush area going again!

I agree on the purple claws. That color choice is my least favorite part of the piece. but that is a very minor nitpick. I love this dragon!

Remove ads