Level Up (A5E) Sins of the Scorpion Age, Sword and Sorcery Campaign Setting

GuyBoy

Hero
Still might be. I'm, like, 20 useable pages into this project, GuyBoy. You might hate it by the end.

Or, y'know, not want to do a S&S type thing in your D&D.
I love Greyhawk; it carries so many positive memories for me as a teen, and I’ve remained keen on it since. Always will.
But I love what you are doing here, and I also love S&S generally, so I’ll look forward to running games in it one day....and I’ll certainly be supporting your kickstarter as and when you’re ready to launch. But, equally, no pressure on you.

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
Marad.png

GuyBoy

Hero
Great write-up.
I’m thinking of a staked-down criminal who manages to escape into the wild lands and stumbles upon a long-dead Ancais wizard/lich. Instead of slaying the wretch, the lich listens and then uses the man’s hatred , along with the suffering of all those who fail to escape the flood, to empower a terrible curse......
The following year’s floodwaters are writhing with necrotic blood-leeches, and the waters rise slowly but steadily higher, showing no signs of abating after the normal five days.
And the blood sucked by the leeches begins to reform on the dry bones of the lich and its undead servitors......

Maraud needs the help of heroes, and quickly.

Steampunkette

Supporter
Oh, Marad -does- need heroes. Look at these terrible threats and noble organizations!

Marad1.png

Seems like this Chronicler is a bit biased... and by a bit I mean entirely and ridiculously biased.

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
Oh, Marad -does- need heroes. Look at these terrible threats and noble organizations!

Seems like this Chronicler is a bit biased... and by a bit I mean entirely and ridiculously biased.

I really like that idea. Most of our knowledge of the ancient world is based on extremely partisan sources--some guy writing a history to talk about the emperor being great, or writing a secret history to talk about how awful he was. As I recall Glorantha did this...

Steampunkette

Supporter
I really like that idea. Most of our knowledge of the ancient world is based on extremely partisan sources--some guy writing a history to talk about the emperor being great, or writing a secret history to talk about how awful he was. As I recall Glorantha did this...
I thought it might be nice!

The Five people who have a Stranglehold on money and control, the Robin Hood and Merry Men, a Cult that burns Wacky Weeds to inspire religious fervor in stoned parishioners, and the much maligned workers trying to make moves towards a Union sort of situation vilified by the people in power and summarily executed under false pretenses.

Meanwhile Qesh has a pair of Dread Pirates Roberts. Elite monster-hunters, religious spies, and wealthy folks who -deign- to spend some donated coin to the good of their subjects.

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
I thought it might be nice!

The Five people who have a Stranglehold on money and control, the Robin Hood and Merry Men, a Cult that burns Wacky Weeds to inspire religious fervor in stoned parishioners, and the much maligned workers trying to make moves towards a Union sort of situation vilified by the people in power and summarily executed under false pretenses.

Meanwhile Qesh has a pair of Dread Pirates Roberts. Elite monster-hunters, religious spies, and wealthy folks who -deign- to spend some donated coin to the good of their subjects.

Heh-heh. Awesome!

If you really wanted you could always do like some more recent books and have a second writer give you "the real story" in the margins (which of course is just as horribly biased in favor of someone else...)

GuyBoy

Hero
When I studied (and later taught) the Norman Conquest era of British history, I was fascinated by the historiography of the Anglo-Saxon Chroniclers, William of Jumieges, Florence of Worcester and William of Malmesbury and their different takes on both the Conquest itself and the reign of William he Conqueror.
You are achieving this type of complex world-building in a S&S setting, and I love Blue Orange’s suggestion of an alternate chronicler with equal, but different, bias.

Remove ads