Level Up (A5E) Sins of the Scorpion Age, Sword and Sorcery Campaign Setting

GuyBoy

Hero
Love both.
Just a suggestion regarding Army of the Damned; three days works well for the caster, in most cases, to achieve their awful goals, but it doesn’t always play to characters, in a big world, hearing of the atrocities and travelling to try to stop them.
Maybe an option to imbue control and duration of the army into an item, making it permanent, but also allowing an adventure to steal/destroy the item from the caster?
Thinking Heart of Ahriman v Eye of Nergal type situation...

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
Definitely possible to keep it going by recasting the ritual and using the same Symbol of Authority. Just cast it, again, at the site of your most recent massacre and hoof it to the next one!

And then the heroes have plenty of time to get to you, 3 days at a time. But every 3 days they spend means another massacre they could've prevented!

Steampunkette

Supporter
Couldn't get any sleep. Wound up reformatting the entire Regions document... and It's gonna be bigger than initially anticipated, too.

There are now 6 Regions with different Cities and Nations in them. Bold are the big cities/city-states.

1: The Annam Desert
Il'sha-ah

Arat-shi
Ipu
Sunmet
Yutor
2: The Jungle Kingdoms
Imba

Kyalo
Oromi
Tefari
Ngo
3: The Khufu Sea Kingdoms
Ellenici

Alitria
Eroga
Myrkona
Neasc
Czirgo
Fasnova
Valatko
4: The Retreating Forest
Grisia

Abikhaz
Rastavo
Yblisa
Kyran
5: The Scorpion Lands
Achelb

Abu Sadin
Lagan
Shuruta
Musarra
Marad
Ondat
Qesh
Sepfar
6: The Sunken Kingdoms
Ancais
Myr

I could probably put a few different small cities around Myr.. but I was thinking of leaving it very vague so that people can use all those islands for personal campaign ideas.. Ngo is meant to be sort of an "Entrance City" into the jungles beyond that no one really goes past, so it also has no secondary cities, currently. Maybe no one is allowed? Dunno for sure.

Also updated the map. It's 132Mb at full 8k resolution, so I can't embed it on the forums. But I uploaded it and you should be able to pop it in a new window.

View attachment Chronicle.jpg

Once I get it all done... 98 pages. 92 will be information, and 6 Map-Pages with zooms in on the different regions.

It's all quite daunting... but I'm already over 1/4 done. So feeling optimistic.

Steampunkette

Supporter
Imba.png

Just gonna skip around a bit and lay out first pages for things so I can get a stronger grasp on how the world fits together before I delve into the organizations and mysteries..

GuyBoy

Hero
Absolutely love Neasc, and am torn between setting my first campaign (when you publish) there or in Scorpion Lands.....or maybe, thief, reaver, slayer, combine both.
I like the idea of ley lines of power, forgotten stones in shrouded groves and ancient spirits lurking in lost barrows.

Near my home, there are several Neolithic barrows and they are evocative places, especially at dusk, though sadly most of the forests have long gone from England.

Steampunkette

Supporter
The current plan for the Starter Adventure is to set it for 4 level 3-5 characters in Lagan to learn some truths about the Caravan City and its leader.

Just to make something perfectly clear: As much fun as I'm having writing the setting material and prospective races/classes... none of this is -entirely- set in stone until after October when I get my greedy hands on the LevelUp PDFs and Books. 'Cause I'll have to go over it all to make sure it works within the system.

GuyBoy

Hero
The current plan for the Starter Adventure is to set it for 4 level 3-5 characters in Lagan to learn some truths about the Caravan City and its leader.
Sounds great to me. One of the joys of S&S, particularly Conan I guess, was the travel to various parts of the world. I suppose you can’t “tread the jewelled thrones of the world beneath your sandalled feet” by staying in your home region!

Remove ads