Proposed Character Sheet

HRSegovia

Explorer
I tossed this into the Wizards community, and only had a couple of responses so far (I only posted it yesterday). But one of them was quite in depth and the points were keen. I made adjustments accordingly. However it would be nice to get more perspectives, so I'm coming here as well.

I can't complain about the current Character Sheet - after all, I did not submit one to the contest. However, it's complete dysfunction - particularly since the rules have changed, rendering it obsolete anyway - has inspired me to create my own.

Features:
- Better grouping of elements - ex: almost everything that benefits from the proficiency bonus is in the same area with the bonus clearly noted - ex2: your two most popular groupings (Abilities/Proficiencies and Combat) are pulled to the foreground and centered for easier reference.
- Freeform boxes - not everyone likes lists on lines. Sometimes we like to take notes in blocks or clusters. I good example of this is the Memorized Spells box where you can list your memorized spells, but also note your uses for Channel Divinity and your Domain Spells in their own separate clusters. This also allows you to note dice rolls and modifiers when the spell is cast.
- A box for unallocated XP so we don't have to immediately do the math every time XP is awarded.
- A clear way to determine if a character has taken a feat or an ability increase.
- Clearer method to track which saves in which you are proficient.

Drawbacks:
- Does not track ammunition - I had trouble fitting it in without losing the aesthetics. Perhaps this is something that can be tracked in gear. Let me know how it works out.
- The freeform boxes aren't for everyone. While it's something I terribly enjoy, you may not (particularly if you write large or horribly).
- could likely benefit from more space for gear, but not sure how. Made some improvements on that recently, hopefully it's enough.

(link removed. See end of thread for updated sheet.)

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I love character sheets!

I slipped this over to House Rules for you. Hey, if you get chance, be sure to upload this to the downloads section, too! :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm not sure it's displaying correctly. This is what I see:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    334.1 KB · Views: 135

HRSegovia

Explorer
I'm only seeing half-a-page there, so yeah... it's not viewing correctly on your iPad. I did see however, that someone else was viewing it correctly on an android device and others were able to view it properly as well, so it's likely your device.

HRSegovia

Explorer
It occurred to me that you may be referring to the "floating" box. That is how its supposed to look. We kind of touched on this at the Wizards community and it seems to be a positive touch bringing important information to the foreground.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm only seeing half-a-page there, so yeah... it's not viewing correctly on your iPad. I did see however, that someone else was viewing it correctly on an android device and others were able to view it properly as well, so it's likely your device.

Hah! No, I can see the whole document. The screen scrolls and stuff! :)

Here's the rest of what I can see:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    420.4 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    492.6 KB · Views: 167

HRSegovia

Explorer
Nah, you're viewing it just fine. I'm not sure what you may be referring to, then. If you are referring to the big empty boxes then this is why:

- Freeform boxes - not everyone likes lists on lines. Sometimes we like to take notes in blocks or clusters.
- Me
I did go on to discuss spells as an example, bu the sheet has evolved since.

the floating boxes really works for me, they give a dynamic and cool fluid feel to the sheet. ... I also am a big fan of your open boxes as opposed to lines or squares.
- Keendk

So, yeah, those are intentional as are the floating boxes.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
No, it's that the floating boxes seem to obscure stuff behind them? Or do they move on other devices? (Which would be cool!)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases