Psionics Problem

Sunsword

Adventurer
While building this character:

Nero Black is a Cold 28 year old Human Psi-Cop who loves botany

I ran into a problem.

When trying to enter the Psi-Corps (to become a Psi-Cop) I can't locate any background (aside from the Venetian Retreat) that grants a bonus to Psi. I've allocated my +1 to an Attribute from being a Human to Psi, but now I'm stuck at Psi 1 and need 2+ to enter the Psi-Corps.

I might have missed something, and if I am I apologize.

I'd suggest granting a +1 to Psi as an option for Genetic Experiment, expanding the Venetian Retreat to include more species or building a new starter background for psychics.

Something like this:

Psychic 4 Years
Prerequisites: PSI 1+
You were born different and that gift or curse has impacted your life greatly.
INTUITION, CONCENTRATION, ESP, TELEKINESIS, TELEPATHY
Gain one psionic ESP, TELEKINESIS or TELEPATHY power.

And maybe another Background like this:

Professional Psychic 1d6 Years
Prerequisites: Psychic
You've used your preternatural gifts to earn a living.
PERSUASION, RESISTANCE,TELEPATHY, TELKINESIS, ESP
I. gain one psionic power.
II. gain a +5 bonus to mental defence.

Just off the top of my head.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The psionic stuff is a bit "blocked off" at present as the powers haven't been fully developed. But if you want to use them there's either a Venetian, or you could use a starter career planned for the next playtest update, which is called the Talent, has +1 PSI, +1 CHA, skills Intuition, Bluff, Running, Stealth, special ability free Empathy power. It's a kid who developed latent power and got bullied for it.

I like the precessional psychic idea. :)

Sunsword

Adventurer
The psionic stuff is a bit "blocked off" at present as the powers haven't been fully developed. But if you want to use them there's either a Venetian, or you could use a starter career planned for the next playtest update, which is called the Talent, has +1 PSI, +1 CHA, skills Intuition, Bluff, Running, Stealth, special ability free Empathy power. It's a kid who developed latent power and got bullied for it.

Cool. I don't mean to waste your time, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't overlooked.

Thanks! I'm a big fan of a show here in the States called Dead Files and like Medium when it was on, so thought it might be a possibility.

Scorpio616

First Post

Ok, was a bit concerned but if they are intentionally blocked off, it fits together. I'm just worried about psi N.E.W. / magic O.L.D. not being worth the effort to develop for a character, especially psi since it has to stand in comparison to Sci-fi armaments. I understood the backlash against magic systems after 3Era, but a lot of more modern games went too far in clamping down on casters, at least in my experience. Iron Heroes{not even finished ], Fantasycraft {powered up d20 characters, powered down d20 spells], Exalted {ooo, shooting black glass shards while the other PCs break mountains]

Remove ads