Question Temp Hit Points and Bolsterin Strike

Okay I remember seeing a discussion on this (or something like it) but couldn't find it so.....

Bolstering Strike gives you temp hit points equal to your Wis bonus each time you hit.

Temp hits points from different sources are not cumulative (take the highest).

Are Seperate uses of Bolstering strike different sources? I could see an argument either way, and if it isn't that could get really silly (and cool). I know how I'd rule it, but was looking for the formal answer. :)

Thanks.

Westwind

First Post
Yes--you couldn't keep on striking and get 3+3+3+3... hps. Basically, whenever you gain +X temp. hp, check X vs. your current number (Y) of temp. hp. If X>Y, replace Y with X. If X<Y, ignore. Bolstering Strike is still nice in the sense that it gives you a reliable (-ish) 3 hp cushion per round.

Westwind said:
Yes--you couldn't keep on striking and get 3+3+3+3... hps. Basically, whenever you gain +X temp. hp, check X vs. your current number (Y) of temp. hp. If X>Y, replace Y with X. If X<Y, ignore. Bolstering Strike is still nice in the sense that it gives you a reliable (-ish) 3 hp cushion per round.

Which is how I read it. I just wanted conformation from someone outside of my head. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases