Questions for Morrus!

Asmo

First Post
Hello Morrus, Asmo here.
I was a part of the Great Donation Drive late last year. If I´m not misstaken we donated nearly $ 20.000 wich is incredible, I´m very proud of what we have achived.
I´m very interested to hear from you, Morrus, what happened to all that money? How much is left? How has it been spent? Will there be a server upgrade?
I would be very glad if I you could answer my questions.
I asked this in another thread, and I´ll try here once again:
if I decide to renew my En World account, will I be able to use my Visa card?
RPG Now seems to have the same problems as before with foreign costumers Visa card. I really don´t want to use Paypal.

Asmo

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Wow, lots of questions! It would require an essay to answer them all, so I'll be brief; besides, it's largely repetition. :)

1) So far, a year's hosting, last year's ENnies debts, last year's hosting debts, this year's ENnies costs, some other miscellaneous debts that the site managed to incur, a bunch of tax. Your estimated 20K is a little on the high side, by the way!

2) Well, other than RPGNow and the recently added PayPal option, I don't have anything else in place. If you can think of another way to do it, let me know.

Asmo

First Post
Thanks for the answers Morrus!
As you pointed out, it´s "largley repetition". Numbers have been mentioned and some information has been given about how the money have been spent.
The problem is that I don´t know how much these things costs - to run EnWorld for a year including hosting debts, ENnies costs etc, etc.
So perhaps my most urgent question is: how much money is left?
Are we facing a new Donate Drive later this year, or is "our" economical situation under control? I´m just curious and I understand if you don´t want to give me any numbers.
And of course: will there be a server upgrade?
I hope it´s just me, but this summer has been hard on my nerves, I can´t remember that the boards has been this slow before.
I would gladly donate more money if I just could surf happily without waiting several minutes before a page loads, etc. :)
More questions, and as always: I would be glad if you could answer them!

Asmo

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well, I don't plan on doing donation drives in future; certainly one isn't needed at present. And yes, the server upgrade is planned.

Remove ads