Recruitment for an AD&D 2E PbP game on The Piazza

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Since I already have two pbp games going here on EN World, I really don't want to deal with the logistics of a third game here. So, I'm going to run my next homebrewed campaign over on The Piazza. (Here is the recruitment thread over there [link].)

The Game isn't set on Kulan. Instead, it will be a AD&D 2nd Edition campaign set on a newer homebrewed world I call Almagra: World of Worlds. The planet is a superworld and most of the planet is both hot and humid. For this campaign, however, I'm going to set it in subset of my Darkened Seas region known as the Mountain Valleys. I've detailed the region a bit on my Almagra and Otherworlds blog [link], but the world is very new with little canon.

I can say this, Spring and Summer are very wet while Fall and Winter are very cold and snowy. The world itself is as much a challenge as are the dangerous creatures that live in it.

What I have created for the whole world can be see in a thread on The Piazza [link]. players can choose to look at it or not.

I'm working on a new campaign map, which I've posted a preview of over on Facebook. I've added a less detailed version of the map below (each hex is 80 miles). The main Vrocian Campaign Map on Facebook is set at 20 miles per hex. It will, hopefully, be done sometime in the next week.

My goal is to start sometime after Christmas since I need some time to come up with some minimal background for the Kingdom of Vrocia, but the game could start earlier if players are eager to get going. I already have two players recruited from Facebook, but I'll need two more. I might accept a fifth member to the group but no more than that. (One of my pbp games here has 7 players. I don't need two games like that.)

PCs will start at 3rd level and both Tome of Magic and Skills & Powers will be used. Since I have the Core Rules CDs, I will likely allow anything from the player splats that are included on those CDs, but please ask me first. :-S

This will be my fourth pbp game -- two here, and two on The Piazza -- so I will have to limit the number of times I post each week. I didn't think I'd be willing to go up to 4, but running 3 has been a good challenge. If I learn to manage 4, a fifth might be possible in the future. (It won't be Kulan or Almagra.)

Cheers!

KF

Attachments

• Kingdom of Vrocia.jpg
    Kingdom of Vrocia.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 334

Big Mac

Explorer
The Game isn't set on Kulan. Instead, it will be a AD&D 2nd Edition campaign set on a newer homebrewed world I call Almagra: World of Worlds. The planet is a superworld and most of the planet is both hot and humid. For this campaign, however, I'm going to set it in subset of my Darkened Seas region known as the Mountain Valleys. I've detailed the region a bit on my Almagra and Otherworlds blog [link], but the world is very new with little canon.

How many different campaign settings have you shoehorned into Almagra now?

I thought you had added Ghostwalk, at one point, but I don't see it listed in the second post of your Knightfall's Almagra: World of Worlds topic.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
How many different campaign settings have you shoehorned into Almagra now?

I thought you had added Ghostwalk, at one point, but I don't see it listed in the second post of your Knightfall's Almagra: World of Worlds topic.
No, I put Ghostwalk on Kulan as part of the island group known as the Isles of Valossa. Regardless, it would be simple to drop Manifest into the world, but I do not have plans to do so.

Besides the Sea of Mystaros, I haven't yet re-skinned any other official D&D settings and placed them on Almagra. It is likely that some official D&D v.3.5 content will makes its way into the region known as The Galelands, but it will more likely be organizations from the Complete Series or similar content for other v.3.5 sourcebooks.

The more I think and work on Almagra, the more if becomes its own thing instead of a mixture of the various D&D settings. It more that the world is large enough for any RPG ruleset to have its own corner. Of course, that means its also big enough to fit in parts from the various D&D Worlds, but so far, the Sea of Mystaros is the only full recreation for the world.

Remove ads