D&D 5E Rick & Morty Starter Set Pre-Orders

The D&D Rick and Morty starter set comes out next week. It's the second based on a TV property; the first was the D&D Stranger Things starter set. It's $29.99, but the pre-order price is a little lower. You get a 64-page rulebook, a 32-page adventure (levels 1-3), DM screen, five preteen characters, and a set of dice.

71j7kyh+1JL.jpg

Please note, this boxed set will be available in North America only.

Play D&D through the lenses of the mad narcissistic genius, Rick Sanchez, from the animated Cartoon Network series, Rick and Morty—the Rick Way!

This tabletop roleplaying game boxed set blends the world of Dungeons & Dragons with mad narcissistic genius, Rick Sanchez’s power gaming sensibilities, nostalgia, sarcastic metacommentary, and the reasons why people play D&D in the first place.

• Following the hugely popular comic book series Rick and Morty vs. Dungeons & Dragons, this boxed set is co-authored by Jim Zub (co-writer of comic book series) with new art by Troy Little (illustrator of comic book series).

• This complete campaign experience includes the following components: (1) 64-page rulebook annotated by Rick (2) 32-page original adventure for levels 1–3 (3) 4-panel folding Dungeon Master screen featuring new art (4) 5 ready-to-play character sheets (6) 11 dice

• A great companion to the comic book series, and a perfect gift for the Rick and Morty/D&D fan in your life.

Last edited:

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
On the spoiler swag Monday night, Nathan said Eberron was the highest presale book via amazon sales channel. I can see this boxed set selling well too. I preordered the boxed set but cancelled it....now I’ll be getting it on Dndbeyond.

Rick & Morty is a fun set. My review copy arrived today. The set comes with 5 pregen level 1 characters (wizard, rogue, cleric, and 2 fighters). Not 5 preteens (see above), though Morty sure can sound like it sometimes.

The rules book is basically a reprint of the PHB with green box notes from Rick all over the place. Some good stuff if you are a fan.

I preordered the boxed set but cancelled it....now I’ll be getting it on Dndbeyond.
I really like this box set. You might want to think twice about skipping the physical copy if you are a R&M fan... if you can swing the cost. It has a cardstock DM screen and I like the bright green dice, but the essentials kit seems like a better overall value.

Ducer

Villager
Anyone know of anywhere in the UK I can get it? It's not on Amazon here.

Not in stock yet, but Blackwell's have a listing without a price.

In my experience they always ship sooner than Amazon UK (normally release date), at least this has been the case with the D&D hard cover books I have ordered.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
The Harmon Quest series were fun....the guy that was also on Whose Line Is it anyway, goblin character, was fun playing off the party for gags and one liners.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Not in stock yet, but Blackwell's have a listing without a price.

In my experience they always ship sooner than Amazon UK (normally release date), at least this has been the case with the D&D hard cover books I have ordered.
Interesting. According to Asmodee UK (the distributor) it's not being released here. I guess they must be importing them themselves.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases