D&D 5E RIP D&D Movie Studio

phuong

Explorer
I guess Disney won't be buying another movie studio, given their CEO just got canned for overspending on Disney+.

Recession is going to hurt. Personally I think Hasbro moving to a nothing release of one d&d being 5e with "a few inconsequential tweaks" is going to be something most people will skip.

I guess Disney won't be buying another movie studio, given their CEO just got canned for overspending on Disney+.

Recession is going to hurt. Personally I think Hasbro moving to a nothing release of one d&d being 5e with "a few inconsequential tweaks" is going to be something most people will skip.

Er the D&D movie is a team up between EOne (Hasbro's movie and tv company or rather the part of EOne Hasbro is keeping) and Paramount Pictures, Disney has nothing to do with the D&D movie. It's produced and distributed by EOne and Paramount (the folks behind Top Gun Maverick and the awesome Strange New Worlds).

I am of course sucked into the drama behind the scenes at Disney as the 4D chess battle between Bobs because it's far, far more entertaining then most marvel movies now a days (which breaks my heart).

So this video is very inaccurate about a ton of stuff. And we know too little about One D&D to call it a few inconsequential tweaks.

My fear is 2023 to be a year of "thin cows" (with a bad economy). Then if people have to save money the expenses for entertaiment will be lower, and although WotC published the best products the fandom had to await for better time.

Some times I liked to speculate about mergers and acquisitions, and about Hasbro I see the better option a hypothetical merger between Hasbro and Embracer Group.

eOne may be sold off

Yes, but that is the part the runs Grey's Anatomy, The Woman King, and Yellow jackets that doesn't synergize with merchandising, the parts of EOne linked to major IP brands like D&D, Transformers, Peppa Pig, etc...., is specifically NOT apart of selling EOne, and those parts of EOne MIGHT get merged into WotC like Digital Liciencing.

Retreater

Legend
Professor Dungeon Master is one of those content creators I like to watch through a prism of a giant grain of salt. His knee jerk reactions to the "imminent collapse" of several companies have been amusing, but it's all shock and clickbait with an obvious grognard perspective.

My fear is 2023 to be a year of "thin cows" (with a bad economy). Then if people have to save money the expenses for entertaiment will be lower, and although WotC published the best products the fandom had to await for better time.

Some times I liked to speculate about mergers and acquisitions, and about Hasbro I see the better option a hypothetical merger between Hasbro and Embracer Group.

I think it's extremely unlikely WotC puts out it's best products next year, certainly not D&D side.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases