Road/Kill Ultimate Car Combat - New Miniatures Game!

Cowicula

First Post
RoadKill02.png
There was a tabletop game developer giving a demo of a new tabletop game "Road/Kill" this week at my local gaming store, so I had a chance to play!

Its basically a Mad-Max-style post apocalyptic setting with armed & armored cars fighting on an endless highway.

Mechanically, it shares many similarities with WH40k, such as blast templates and a low-numbers wound system. There are a few unique features, such as the emphasis on setting all your orders before the turn begins. The units themselves are modular cars that can be slapped together to confer different stats and special abilities. Each car is composed of a body, chassis, and 1-6 weapon/equipment add-ons that you can attach. The bits are really nicely done, and you can tell that the guy who makes the game really knows what he's doing.

There's a kickstarter page up for it right now, which is totally worth a look! I would paste a link, but I'm new here so the forum rules won't let me. If you want to check it out, just search Kickstarter for "Road" or check out the page on BoardGameGeek.com
(I already backed it, so I will say that I'm shamelessly sharing the love with everyone partially because I want it to succeed :D )

roadkill03.jpg

Remove ads