Rodential Races: Replacing the Default Races with Rodents in the style of Redwall or Mouse Guard

Patrick McGill

First Post
So, this is a thing I've been working on for my blog. Essentially it replaces the default races with anthropomorphic woodland rodents like mice, rats, and moles. This is done in the style of Redwall, Mouse Guard, Wind in the Willows, Watership Down, Rats of NIMH, etc. The overarching goal is to make a complete setting in the high fantasy style (so the Classes/Backgrounds/Feats can remain generally unaltered).

I was a little hesitant to post this so early in developing it (and I've never posted anything here before), but thought to hell with it when I realized that I am probably balancing the things horribly. I think that it's a fun idea, and I would like to eventually get them polished. At the moment, however, I am early in development and, well, they haven't been playtested.

The two major issues I can see right now are the Badger's Blood Rage mechanic, and giving the Large races (Badger, Hare, and Otter) a Hit Dice increase. The increase especially I am having a hard time figuring out how to balance against the other races, and the abilities within that particular race.

Anyway, I hope some of you may be interested in this. I attached my pdf to this post, so please let me know what you think!

My eventual goal would be to be able to release a pdf module with some nice commissioned pictures and stuff, so I'm definitely open to all sorts of feedback, even the shank'd with a rusty knife sort of feedback.

Attachments

• Rodential Rodents 0.2.pdf
    227 KB · Views: 696

Remove ads