RPG Print News – Free League, Troll Lord Games, Ulisses Spiele, and More

Halloween savings on Vaesan and MÖRK BORG core rules and new supplements! A horror-western to add to the spooky spirit of the season. Hardcovers, modules, and a playtest. Plus third party D&D 5E rules to add to your game. And more. All available in print by ordering online or from your favorite local game store or game company.

Halloween savings on Vaesan and MÖRK BORG core rules and new supplements! A horror-western to add to the spooky spirit of the season. Hardcovers, modules, and a playtest. Plus third party D&D 5E rules to add to your game. And more. All available in print by ordering online or from your favorite local game store or game company.
3 halloween bundle.jpg
Halloween Special (MÖRK BORG CULT: Feretory and A Wicked Secret & Other Mysteries for Vaesan bundle 20% off) by Free League
  • SYSTEM: OSR and Year Zero Engine
  • PRODUCT TYPE: fan-written zine bundled with a hardcover adventure collection
  • RETAIL PRICE: 398 kr ($45.43)
Vaesan – Nordic Horror Roleplaying core rules 20% off by Free League
  • SYSTEM: Year Zero Engine
  • PRODUCT TYPE: hardcover full color core rulebook
  • RETAIL PRICE: 358 kr ($40.86)
MORK BORG Artpunk RPG 20% off by Free League
  • SYSTEM: OSR
  • PRODUCT TYPE: digest sized art and graphics explosion hardcover core rulebook
  • RETAIL PRICE: 228 kr ($26.02)
  • ACCOLADES: ENNIE Awards Winner 2020
    • Product of the Year (Gold)
    • Best Layout and Design (Gold)
    • Best Writing (Gold)
    • Best Game (Silver)
  • DESCRIPTION: Free League is running a 20% off special, until Halloween, on the core rules for MÖRK BORG and Vaesan as well as a bundle of the brand new hot off the presses collection of four mysteries A Wicked Secret & Other Mysteries (Vaesan) and the fan-written rules supplement/adventures MÖRK BORG CULT: Feretory. Vaesan is Swedish Gothic Victorian gentlepersons meet faeries and the supernatural in the hinterlands supported by tight rules and wonderful art. MÖRK BORG is an 80s death metal video combined with a Heavy Metal post-apocalyptic fantasy setting of high doom, angry angst, and dark religious imagery. And all of it inundated by an antediluvian-ending flood of intricate layout and art of outstanding vibrancy. A combined heavy metal yell and sustained power cord banging into your brain’s amygdale like a mosh pit of frantic thrashing metal heads. Yeah, the cool kids like it. Even though I’m not a cool kid, so do I. Throw your horns. My review of the magnificent MORK BORG.
3 Obediah.jpg

Last Will and Testament of Obedia -Flekner by Thick Skull Adventures
  • SYSTEM: Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG
  • PRODUCT TYPE: standalone module
  • RETAIL PRICE: $14.99
  • DESCRIPTION: If you don’t need a horror-themed western adventure driven by the DCC RPG system in your life then I envy your contentment. Standalone, with twelve dying pre-generated PCs who have to find a holy relic to both save their lives and claim a silver mine, this adventure offers everything needed to play. Also works with the upcoming Dark Trails RPG by David Baity of Stiff Whiskers Press. Wonderful adventures like these and brand new start ups like Stiff Whiskers Press help keep me sane in 2020. Game like it’s 1869.
3 Codex.jpg
Codex Celtarum 2nd Edition by Troll Lord Games
  • SYSTEM: Castles & Crusades
  • PRODUCT TYPE: hardcover fantasy historical setting
  • RETAIL PRICE: $29.99
  • DESCRIPTION: The world of the Celts was alive with spirits and ancient trees bore time’s wisdom. The setting is one of myth and monsters, stone cromlech, wicker men, dark faeries, and wild gods. Their language, echoing down through time possessed with a haunting beauty, reminds us of an ancient world and the people we used to be. New gaming material carries druids, rangers, and other travelers into primeval wooded hills, broken crags, and overgrown brooding forests.
3 Epic.jpg
Epic Treasures by Legendary Games
  • SYSTEM: Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition
  • PRODUCT TYPE: softcover
  • RETAIL PRICE: $12.99
  • DESCRIPTION: Contained herein are sixty D&D Fifth Edition magic items drawn from myth and cultures from around the world. Learn what the dread fangs of the hydra do or don the cuirass of miracles and wade into battle wielding the blade-eating battleaxe. Rings, rods, wondrous items and more are not only magical but also have additional abilities that can be unlocked by truly powerful adventurers or those touched by fate or the divine. Grab your slippers of star-striding and find a quiet celestial nook to read about these treasures and bring them into your D&D game.
3 Talisman.jpg
Talisman Adventures Playtest by Pegasus Spiele
  • SYSTEM: Talisman Adventures RPG
  • PRODUCT TYPE: playtest rules
  • RETAIL PRICE: $9.99
  • DESCRIPTION: Playtest rules and an adventure for GMs to run an RPG in the Realm of Talisman. Players pick from six ancestries (dwarf, elf, ghoul human, sprite, and troll) and nine classes (assassin, druid, minstrel, priest, prophet, sorcerer, thief, warrior, and wizard) with support up to 3rd level. You can also check out my D&D Adventure Generator Using Talisman the Board Game.
3 Mages.jpg
Conspiracy of Mages by Ulisses Spiele
  • SYSTEM: The Dark Eye
  • PRODUCT TYPE: softcover module
  • RETAIL PRICE: $19.99
  • DESCRIPTION: An amazing solo adventure. As a young inquisitive mage you are about to take your final exam to graduate from the prestigious Lowangen Academy of Transformation. Years of homework, tests, and dedicated arcane effort was supposed to lead to your demonstration of your mastery of the arcane arts. Instead you face mystery, the unknown, and great danger. This module includes a pregenerated character and all needed rules. As a GM, if you’re like me, you won’t likely ever run The Dark Eye with its multi-colored d20s. But this module is like a Hogwarts for grown ups full of rich imagery and a pressing and dangerous mystery. Any GM could benefit from its rich story and vibrant world immersion. Read my overview of the PDF here. Highly recommended and I’ll likely pick this one up in print myself.
3 Theater.jpg
Legacy of the Theater Knights by Ulisses Spiele
  • SYSTEM: The Dark Eye
  • PRODUCT TYPE: softcover campaign location
  • RETAIL PRICE: $17.99
  • DESCRIPTION: This region settings is the former home to the Theater Knights. While little remains of the Order’s many towers and guard posts, legends claim that a treasure hoard and accumulated knowledge lie hidden somewhere in the woods, rivers, and hills of Bornland. Discover the Norbard clans, learn to tame a moose as a riding animal, and purchase new weapons and armor. Tables cover Bornish taverns as well as tips for creating challenging encounters along the roads and in the ancient wilderness of Bornland. Many secrets are waiting to be uncovered by worthy adventurers.

Charles Dunwoody

Charles Dunwoody

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads