Rules Cyclopedia - Ninja conversion

jaz0nj4ckal

First Post
Folks:
Over the holiday weekend, I found a copy of my old Oriental Adventures AD&D 1E from 1985. In addition, I found my Ninja splat book for AD&D 2E; however, recently I have fully switched over to Rules Cyclopedia (RC) or old D&D play style. Due to the latter, I am looking for ideas on how to convert the Ninja class or Ninja "side class" (depending on what edition) to use RC.

I am looking for suggestions and seeing if anyone has already done this or has a working model.

Thank you
JJ

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Folks:
Over the holiday weekend, I found a copy of my old Oriental Adventures AD&D 1E from 1985. In addition, I found my Ninja splat book for AD&D 2E; however, recently I have fully switched over to Rules Cyclopedia (RC) or old D&D play style. Due to the latter, I am looking for ideas on how to convert the Ninja class or Ninja "side class" (depending on what edition) to use RC.

I am looking for suggestions and seeing if anyone has already done this or has a working model.

Thank you
JJ

The Rules Cyclopedia was my introduction to DnD, I still have fond memories of it. I'm not sure if you've found anything online, but something which might help you put the class together is on this site: http://breeyark.org/building-the-perfect-class/

As an example, I tried building the ninja from oriental adventures (as a full class) and ended up with the following using the class breakdown on that site, it might be good as a starting point that you can alter as needed.

Ninja
Hitdice: d4 (+1 after level 9)
Saves: Thief
Attack: Thief
Armour: leather
Weapons: one-handed weapons, staff, ranged weapons
Thief Skills: move silently, hide in shadows, find traps, remove traps, climb walls, open locks
Other Skills: back stab, acrobatics (as mystic)
Skills: Disguise (start with this even if not using the optional proficiency rules, if using the proficiency rules, may improve as normal)
Other Abilities: Walk on water at level 5, pass through walls at level 10, use spell scrolls as thief

XP per level
1: 0
2: 1,700
3: 3,400
4: 6,800
5: 15,000
6: 30,000
7: 60,000
8: 120,000
9: 240,000
10: 360,000
11+: +120,000