Rules for making monsters?

KillHappy

First Post
Hey, I'm new here, so this if a dumb question have lots of fun flaming this one. Is there a place where I can find rules for making "balanced" creatuers? Either skip's deal in the old magazine or somewhere else?

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
we don't get too many flames on here. but i'll let someone else answer your questions. ;)

:)

Pale

First Post
Just throw one together and slap it up in Homebrews. The folks there will take care of you with suggestions and balancing tips.

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Dragon 276 has the WotC rules for Monster Creation. They also released it on a CD in Dragon 284 (I think).

Scott

PS: WotC has told me they are going to eventually post the PDF rules for monster creation (same article from Dragon 276) on their site. Once they do, I have already secured permission from them to link to it. (They wont let me post the actual PDF on the Creature Catalog.)

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
KillHappy said:
Hey, I'm new here, so this if a dumb question have lots of fun flaming this one. Is there a place where I can find rules for making "balanced" creatuers? Either skip's deal in the old magazine or somewhere else?

Scott, Boz, and myself have cast many elemental resistance: flames spells on this board. Such behavior isnt tolerated here. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases