D&D 5E SCAG cantrip for a bardlock

spartanah

Explorer
I am a 3/2 lore bardlock... on my way to 4/2.
my DM allowed me to change my cantrips as a warlock from SCAG. so I'm still gonna stick to Eldritch blast but I can pick 1 cantrip from SCAG.
my question is booming blade or green flame blade?
I want a melee cantrip more for a panic "special occasions". I have no plan to stick to melee as I'm more of a blast spammer and battlefield control and buffing debuffing.
GFB will give me an attack on 2 enemies and booming blade is with enemy lockdown.
what are your thoughts?
I have a fochlucan bandore, so I have a charisma shillelagh. but my AC is 15 for the time.

I am a 3/2 lore bardlock... on my way to 4/2.
my DM allowed me to change my cantrips as a warlock from SCAG. so I'm still gonna stick to Eldritch blast but I can pick 1 cantrip from SCAG.
my question is booming blade or green flame blade?
I want a melee cantrip more for a panic "special occasions". I have no plan to stick to melee as I'm more of a blast spammer and battlefield control and buffing debuffing.
GFB will give me an attack on 2 enemies and booming blade is with enemy lockdown.
what are your thoughts?
I have a fochlucan bandore, so I have a charisma shillelagh. but my AC is 15 for the time.

Definitely Booming Blade. Your standard "panic reaction" will probably include an Expeditious Retreat, so you might as well throw in Booming Blade to encourage enemies not to pursue you.

Remove ads