Shadowrun Sixth World Core Rulebook Released - Pre-Orders for Print Open

The core rulebook for the 6th Edition has been officially released in PDF on DriveThruRPG. Available in PDF format for $19.99, the Shadowrun Sixth World Core Rulebook has been updated from the limited print release at Gen Con with the full ten-page errata.

The core rulebook for the 6th Edition has been officially released in PDF on DriveThruRPG. Available in PDF format for $19.99, the Shadowrun Sixth World Core Rulebook has been updated from the limited print release at Gen Con with the full ten-page errata.

SR6-Core-Ltd.png

Pre-orders for the print version also opened on the Catalyst Game Labs store, all of which include the PDF when ordered through their store. The hardback core rulebook is available for $49.99, a Limited Edition for $99.99 (the one with the silhouette of an Elf street samurai), and an Executive Edition (with the silhouette of the skull logo) for $199.99. No release date has been announced for any of the print versions, but they arrive in stores typically it is 3-6 weeks after the PDF release depending on printing/shipping delays. While the PDF does have the errata released a few weeks ago, the print copies will not as they were part of the same print run as the Gen Con books.

LE_1024x1024.png
EE_1024x1024.png

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

Abstruse

Legend
I'll be updating this space when the announcement happens for the print edition. Also, I did not receive an advanced review copy of this as I did most of the other Sixth World release line, so I'll have my review up for EN World later this week after I've had a chance to dig in.

barasawa

Explorer
I think I want it.
Loved the 1st edition. Played so much my book fell apart. Literally. First the spine came off, then the bindings wore out and broke then pages started falling out. Unfortunately it got lost in a move.
The way I normally take care of books, people were often shocked. Most of my books still look new after years or decades.

I haven't played the newer versions, but still.

What I miss most about my 1st shadowrun books is the color plate pages in it. I've been unable to find another one. I even got PDFs, but they don't have the color plates in them.
If anyone knows where I can find that art from the color plates in the 1st printing of the 1st edition, I'd really love to know! (I specified the 1st, because that's what I had, and I suspect they didn't include them in the reprints.)

Abstruse

Legend
I think I want it.
Loved the 1st edition. Played so much my book fell apart. Literally. First the spine came off, then the bindings wore out and broke then pages started falling out. Unfortunately it got lost in a move.
The way I normally take care of books, people were often shocked. Most of my books still look new after years or decades.

I'll have a full review up later this week if you're on the fence.

I haven't played the newer versions, but still.

What I miss most about my 1st shadowrun books is the color plate pages in it. I've been unable to find another one. I even got PDFs, but they don't have the color plates in them.
If anyone knows where I can find that art from the color plates in the 1st printing of the 1st edition, I'd really love to know! (I specified the 1st, because that's what I had, and I suspect they didn't include them in the reprints.)
Are you sure you're not thinking of 2nd Edition? 1st Edition's color plates were only for the pre-generated characters and for the Critters. 2nd Ed had additional plates for random artwork (I think all of which was repurposed from 1st Ed sourcebook/adventure covers and additional art, though some of it may have been original...been a very long time since I checked the sources).

So the massive errata has already been incorporated into the PDF text, and we'll never have to deal with a separate document for that?

Do the limited editions also incorporate all of the errata?

Abstruse

Legend
So the massive errata has already been incorporated into the PDF text, and we'll never have to deal with a separate document for that?

Do the limited editions also incorporate all of the errata?
I checked myself, the PDF does include all the errata. There's not been an announcement whether the full print run will.

Pure (but educated) speculation: They noticed the issues in the Gen Con print run, so delayed the full print run and PDF release until they could incorporate the errata.

Abstruse

Legend
Update: I got a confirmation from Jason Hardy (line manager for Shadowrun) that the print books will NOT have the errata. They were all part of the same print run, only they had the Gen Con books air-shipped instead of sent via standard shipping.

barasawa

Explorer
Abstruse, No, it was the launch week, so it couldn't be the 2nd printing, unless the first shipment had two different printings in it.
The color plates were kind of in the middle, and they weren't part of the page number sequence. I don't remember if they were even listed in the Table of Contents, but I doubt they were since they had no page numbers.
Not one of those color plates were for characters or the creatures, though I don't remember what they all were. The one I'm looking for most is the last one, it included, among other things, what I thought was a real beauty of a cyberjack.

Abstruse

Legend
Abstruse, No, it was the launch week, so it couldn't be the 2nd printing, unless the first shipment had two different printings in it.
If you're talking about the 6e print run, it's not uncommon for publishers to do a special print run (either offset or sometimes even POD) just for conventions, particularly the big ones like Origins and Gen Con, with more local/faster printers who are cost-prohibitive for a full mass-market print run if they don't think the larger print run will be in time. Get a couple hundred books for the convention, print your 10,000 copy print run overseas.

Since they haven't announced a release date for the print version of 6e and delayed the PDF release until this week, it was a fair assumption that they wanted the errata in the final print run. It turns out this was not the case.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads