So What Do Ye Do for a Living?

The traveling craftworker-merchants of the Realms are a numerous and varied lot, and over the years Iâ??ve found them to be a great way of adding color and interest to unfolding Realmsplay. They are excellent lures for bringing PCs into unintended or unforeseen adventures, as well as great recurring foes.

Read So What Do Ye Do for a Living? on D&D Insider here!

timASW

Banned
Banned
Once I was a warrior, now I sell warriors a package to ensure their loved ones dont need to pay for a low level adventuring band to drag their sorry corpse out of the dungeon and bury it.

Because they were responsible adults who took care of their final expenses rather then dumping them on their family.

Loonook

First Post
Once I was a warrior, now I sell warriors a package to ensure their loved ones dont need to pay for a low level adventuring band to drag their sorry corpse out of the dungeon and bury it.

Because they were responsible adults who took care of their final expenses rather then dumping them on their family.

See, I include that as part of my Happy Lairs, Happy Denizens Dungeonowners Insurance package. As a humble assurancer with The Greater Abyssal Employees Insurance COnsotrium (GAEICO for short) I provide several reasonable packages for those who understand their lives, afterlives, or painful coplanar psuedoexistence should be as comfortable and protected as possible.

Some upstart mage burns your favorite tapestries? We cover it.

Your apprentice releases a plague demon and suffers from fiendrot on his... hands? We cover it.

A paladin suffused with the holy will of the divine stinking up your desecrated altar? With our HL/HD DIP a team of neutrally aligned minions will provide white-glove services to clear the body, clean any holy stains, and replace all of your goods after a small deductible.

At GAEICO, you are in excellent hands. Well, claws... Occasionally tentacles or multidimensional extensions of an eldritch will.

What I'm saying is that GAEICO cares.

And remember. With the Winter Solstice coming, our temporary ritual insurance rates are at an all-century low. If you are planning to summon a creature of immeasurable cold from a plane of pure entropy, call GAEICO for that extra protection. Our psychic agents are standing by for any questions, comments, or concerns you may have.

(Se habla Espanol)
(Oadriax Goho Ba'balon)

Slainte,

-Loonook.

timASW

Banned
Banned
See, I include that as part of my Happy Lairs, Happy Denizens Dungeonowners Insurance package. As a humble assurancer with The Greater Abyssal Employees Insurance COnsotrium (GAEICO for short) I provide several reasonable packages for those who understand their lives, afterlives, or painful coplanar psuedoexistence should be as comfortable and protected as possible.

Some upstart mage burns your favorite tapestries? We cover it.

Your apprentice releases a plague demon and suffers from fiendrot on his... hands? We cover it.

A paladin suffused with the holy will of the divine stinking up your desecrated altar? With our HL/HD DIP a team of neutrally aligned minions will provide white-glove services to clear the body, clean any holy stains, and replace all of your goods after a small deductible.

At GAEICO, you are in excellent hands. Well, claws... Occasionally tentacles or multidimensional extensions of an eldritch will.

What I'm saying is that GAEICO cares.

And remember. With the Winter Solstice coming, our temporary ritual insurance rates are at an all-century low. If you are planning to summon a creature of immeasurable cold from a plane of pure entropy, call GAEICO for that extra protection. Our psychic agents are standing by for any questions, comments, or concerns you may have.

(Se habla Espanol)
(Oadriax Goho Ba'balon)

Slainte,

-Loonook.

For us it goes like this...

Loot a great dungeon? Make a million gold? Well the king and the duke want 40% of that.

Pay up or go to the dungeon.

Master assassin hired by the lord of previous dungeon kills you while your occupied "saving" ladies of ill repute?

The king and duke want another 40% of your total worth.

But aha, you put your worth with us, the temple of foresight, knowing that one day you will be found..... wanting in a challenging encounter.

And so we give what you have given to us (plus some interest) to your apprentices without the nobility getting their grubby paws on it, because our sages are more powerful then their rogues/thugs.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
"I'm a maintenance man for Feyrizon, a mercantile guild specializing in supplying mystical communication services and content for all kinds of mystic devices, ranging from Crystal Balls, to Magic Mirrors, Scrying Ponds, and even handheld communication crystals."

Loonook

First Post
And so we give what you have given to us (plus some interest) to your apprentices without the nobility getting their grubby paws on it, because our sages are more powerful then their rogues/thugs.

Well, of course that is an option. But what happens if in the middle of turning the seas red with the blood of the blessed you become impregnated by the genius loci of a place of foul corruption?

What I'm meaning to say here is GAEICO provides maternity insurance.

It's gender neutral. Just ask your spokesperson about our Imps and Flails and Basilisk Tails coverage.

Slainte,

-Loonook.

EDIT:

"I'm a maintenance man for Feyrizon, a mercantile guild specializing in supplying mystical communication services and content for all kinds of mystic devices, ranging from Crystal Balls, to Magic Mirrors, Scrying Ponds, and even handheld communication crystals."

Feyrizon always drops my mirror coverage in the worst situations. As a travelling salesman I much prefer the work of Abyssal Teleportation and Telepath.

Also, they do carry the Eye-Phone V. Very important for my beholder sales partner.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases