some what odd thread necromancy by single digit posters

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
This has now happened in a few threads.

Don't know what to think about it...but there is some sort of pattern.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
You could ask them!

Note that the "related threads" list that appears at the bottom of most pages may be leading them to old threads, and they probably aren't bothering to check the age of the thread.

frogimus

First Post
#1 - [MENTION=177]Umbran[/MENTION] hit on part of it

#2 - low post counts may be the RPGers in their 40's or 50's that don't post on any forum and aren't aware of the insane fear of necroposts that grips some forumites.

#3 - most current threads have degraded into a 10-page argument about something that barely resembles the original topic.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
I have no problem with anyone necro'ing threads.

If they are not relevant, they will die again. If they are not interesting, I won't read them.

No worries.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
yeah...it was not just one or two threads with one or two single digit posters, its a few more threads, a few more single digit posters...and one thread with a wave of single digits.

Could just be a coincidence.

darjr

I crit!
looks like some of them are from the invincible overlord folks, probably dropped by to announce the kickstarter and then stuck around for old threads. bledsaw being one of the kids of the founder, I think.

The others seem to be stumble upons. I wonder if some change in google is kicking up older enworld threads.

Very weird.

Remove ads