SOPA / PIPA Protest - The Internet Blackout & How it affects Living Pathfinder

DalkonCledwin

First Post
I thought it would be important to remind people but tomorrow is the Internet Blackout, and numerous websites including Wikipedia, and Facebook will be shut down in protest of the SOPA and PIPA legislation that are working their way through the House and Senate here in the United States. For those of you who are not aware, these two acts of legislation aim to shut down Internet Piracy that is practiced within the United States but also threaten much more in that they risk causing a broad spectrum censorship of all things on the United States segment of the Internet due to the fact that they enable law enforcement agencies to institute IP Address Blocking on any site shown to contain copy-written material that they did not get permission for. In otherwords this act could very likely affect us here on living pathfinder and maybe even EnWorld as a whole due to the fact that some of the character images in the wiki are images that may or may not be copy-written and several people's avatars are likely to be copy-written as well.

My suggestion is that we join in support of the SOPA / PIPA protestations in some way during the day tomorrow either by shutting down the wiki and refusing to perform any updates to our quests during the day tomorrow or finding some other means by which to support the protest.

For my part I will not be updating the quests I am in or running at all during the day tomorrow to show my support for the Internet Blackout. I hope others follow my example.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases