starting a character in PCGen

Eryndur

Explorer
How do you start a new character with PCGen? When I boot up the program, the "New" option is greyed out! What do I need to do?

The Harlequin

First Post
Firstly you must load thebooks you want to use. Select them from the huge list and then press load. Then you will see the New option will be able to be selected. Enjoy

The Harlequin

Last edited:

Eryndur

Explorer
lists?

How do I find these lists? I had an older vesion of pcgen where the lists were the first thing you saw when you booted up, but in this latest version (2.4.4), they're not there.
Thanks in advance!

gregweller

First Post
There are two files you have to download and unzip. They are named something like Part1ofTwo and Part2ofTwo--the pcgen people changed the file names so there wouldn't be any confusion as to how many files to download. There is also a PDF file and a Skins file, but those are optional. Once you've unzipped *both files*, you should get the list files on that opening screen.

Eryndur

Explorer
I downloaded both parts, unzipped them both, and put them in a new folder called "pcgen". I also downloaded the skins and pdf stuff. Is there a way I need to combine the 2 parts to make the list show up?

jujutsunerd

Explorer
Eryndur said:
I downloaded both parts, unzipped them both, and put them in a new folder called "pcgen". I also downloaded the skins and pdf stuff. Is there a way I need to combine the 2 parts to make the list show up?

If you look in the pcgen folder you should see a folder named "data", inside that folder there should be (among other things) a file named "d20DnDall.pcc". If not, you need to make sure that you unzip the second file so this is the case.

If this doesn't work, you might want to ask for help over at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/ a lot of pcgen users hang out there, and it's easy to get help.

/Jonas

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases