Story arc...

thormagni

Explorer
It was nice to finish up a story arc and for the opportunity for ThorMagni to become a count (hope you love those books Vince, nudge, nudge.) I'm wondering where we go from here. On to take out Al-Nasim? (sp?) I am assuming that if all the Rebuilts are lost to them, they would be pretty weak and this would be a good time to take the fight to them.

Alternately, the case could be made for consolidating our gains here and then striking out in the weeks/months to come.

But what about the dragon in the city? We didn't specifically say we freed it. Do we need to go back and do that?

And Mark, what about Olan and becoming king? Is that really a goal of yours? I assumed you were jerking our chains, but now I am wondering if you were serious. I mean, obviously the country is in shock right now and if someone wanted to take the throne, I guess they probably could.

But this is a pretty decimated kingdom. Is it even possible to rule a country that has been so traumatized? I mean, every civil structure would have to be rebuilt from the ground up. Families, communities, industry, agriculture, government, none of that exists right now. I would expect a long period of bloody chaos. Especially when we don't have a force of our own to maintain order.

Because I wonder if our Azraelite army would hold together when we turned form our goal of defeating the slavers to just ruling one country.

Grimhelm

First Post
One of my primary goals is not to become a king, but to establish order. I intend to rule Alisander. I intend to do it with the help of my inestimable friends and the help of the Azraelites. The people of Inzeladun deserve to be able to reclaim their own. I will help them do this. Call me, for now, the Steward of Alisander. I want to use the city as a place of regrouping and attacking what is left of the Enslavers, so in this, the Azraelites will assuredly be with us. Let us not forget that they haven't accomplished anything to date. They will yet see battle!

Al-Nazim must be dealt with. So must Xathurst, who was responsible for most, if not all of this. He is still out there...

I will also be establishing a strong presence of the Catemaran religion here. If I can make the whole city a haven, I will, and I will invite other refugees, as well as other priests, to this city. The word is already getting out. Our deeds will be spread far and wide even without our trying. We have accomplished great things.

If, after one year, the people wish me to continue ruling, not as Steward but as their King, I will. If not, then another person better suited might take the throne.

My desire is very real. The challenge is very great and the odds are against us. Wouldn't have it any other way! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads