The 25 Best Sci-Fi Movies of the Last 15 Years

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Not many folks talking about Ex Machina which I had high expectations for. It's one of those movies that's so predictable you know exactly where it is going. The tension in act 1 and 2 is so good though it keeps you on board. Then, the third act just kind of lets you down hard.

Not many folks talking about Ex Machina which I had high expectations for. It's one of those movies that's so predictable you know exactly where it is going. The tension in act 1 and 2 is so good though it keeps you on board. Then, the third act just kind of lets you down hard.
Was to familiar to anyone who reads SF.

Thomas Shey

Legend
I'm still waiting for a modern take on "Lensmen" and no, I don't mean the anime. I mean the book series that started in the late '40s. It would likely make a better series though.

Come to think of it, "Babylon 5" borrowed more than a few elements from that series.

Yeah, you'd need to do some updating here and there, but it'd probably work.

Thomas Shey

Legend
A Quiet Place - Another movie I really like but it's pretty low on the list and, in my view, it's one of the least sci-fi movies on the list

I'm going to argue its more of one than it appears.

Yes, its a monster movie, but the whole movie turns around how the monsters work and the weapon found to use against them. That's a very SF thing in its way.

Mallus

Legend
I would love to see that happen. Or perhaps Luc Besson. The esthetic from "The Fifth Element" would work very well for "Lensmen." Played straight, though. Not action comedy.
Hear me out: the Lensmen directed by a Wachowski or two. Script by J. Michael Straczynski.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases