The Batman - Official 4K Trailer (2022) Robert Pattinson, Zoe Kravitz | DC FanDome 2021

MarkB

Legend
Feels like it wants to be The Dark Knight Returns, what with the Joker-themed gangs, some of the set-pieces, and the air of cynical brutality.

Making the Riddler the primary antagonist is a bold choice, but looks like it may work for them.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Nirvana cover? Pretty 2021 blasé. I do like Jefferey Wright so maybe. Tho, most likely wait for HBO Max release.

R_J_K75

Legend
Feels like it wants to be The Dark Knight Returns, what with the Joker-themed gangs, some of the set-pieces, and the air of cynical brutality.

Making the Riddler the primary antagonist is a bold choice, but looks like it may work for them.
Thats what I got out of the trailer too. I thought it was supposed to be more of a detective noir than an action flick which I didnt get that vibe from this preview.
Tho, most likely wait for HBO Max release.
Yeah same here. Im almost to the point that I feel the standalone Batman movies should be put on ice for a few years. I know this has been in development for quite a while and if the pandemic hadnt happened it have been out sooner, seems the franchise may start suffering from over saturation.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yeah same here. Im almost to the point that I feel the standalone Batman movies should be put on ice for a few years. I know this has been in development for quite a while and if the pandemic hadnt happened it have been out sooner, seems the franchise may start suffering from over saturation.
How many years? They've been on ice for nearly 10 years. The last standalone Batman movie was The Dark Knight Rises in 2012.

I'm going to adopt a more wait and see approach. People had been saying this would be a more detective-aligned, less action based film, and that doesn't seem to be clear from the trailer; I think moving away from what the Dark Knight trilogy did would be a good move - and I'm not sure if there's enough of a difference in this one. Plus, I'm hesitant of both Warner Brothers for a variety of reasons, and have become concious that the Batman character has undertones that perhaps need to be addressed.

It's definitely striking visually however; it feels in a way inspired by films like Blade Runner 2049, which was an utterly fabulous film.

R_J_K75

Legend
How many years? They've been on ice for nearly 10 years. The last standalone Batman movie was The Dark Knight Rises in 2012.
Batmans been in 2 movies since tDKR. Theres at least 2 in the upcoming Flash movie which with the return of Affleck and Keaton seems to have eclipsed this movie in anticipation. Because the movies been talked about for quite some time makes it seem its been around longer than it has. My personal preference would be after this movie or movies, put it on ice for at least 5 years before beginning to develop another.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Batmans been in 2 movies since tDKR. Theres at least 2 in the upcoming Flash movie which with the return of Affleck and Keaton seems to have eclipsed this movie in anticipation. Because the movies been talked about for quite some time makes it seem its been around longer than it has. My personal preference would be after this movie or movies, put it on ice for at least 5 years before beginning to develop another.
You said standalone movies, which is what I was relying to. If you didn’t mean standalone movies, ignore my reply.

Remove ads