The Briar Man Is A Monster From Kobold Press' Tales of the Old Margreve

Tales of the Old Margerve is a collection of 5E adventures set in an ancient, enchanted forest in Kobold Press' Midgard setting on Kickstarter right now. Kobold Press has sent along a preview of one of the monsters from the book -- the Briar Man, an undead fey vampiric monstrosity!

briar.jpg

The Kickstarter itself contains two books (and an optional pawn stretch goal). The primary book contains the adventures, which range from levels 1-10, while the accompanying Player's Guide includes new player options such as subclasses, spells, and more.

Zardnaar

Legend
I get pdf 1st then get print. Did that with two copies of the Tome of Beasts and got the PDFs with Midgard Heroes and World book.

Shipping to NZ was $90 so no pdfs kind of kills it.

Dire Bare

Legend
Yeah, I was super excited when the Kickstarter launched, and super puzzled to discover no PDF options. It seems a weird choice, and as I'm not interested in a print copy, and I don't use a VTT at all . . . no Tales of the Old Margreve for me, sadly.

Superchunk77

Adventurer
No PDF's, ouch. Especially considering this is an adventure, you'd want to have all of those maps in electronic format for VTT's. Not sure if that's going to become a stretch goal of what, but I imagine if enough people complain about it it might happen.

Rl'Halsinor

Explorer
Book for reading and studying but having a PDF is absolutely essential for me at the gaming table. I was seriously considering backing this Kickstarter but with no PDF option I'll pass. I have always been impressed with the way Kobold Press operated so this "No PDF Option" is most puzzling.

matthewdcorley

Explorer
Was the creature originally called a "Briar Bully"?

See the Multiattack last line, "...and the brier bully uses it's Thorny Grapple..", and under Entangle it mentions Brian Bullies as well. A bit of proofing needed on this one.

The Multiattack reference to a briar bully in the last line has been corrected in the final manuscript and the Entangle feature is correct as written, Children of the Briar, Briar Bullies, and Briar Men can all work together for that feature.

thanks,

matt

Azhmodai

ye Liveliest Awfulness
I love that they're offering VTT support (half of my players are in other states/continents and we use roll20) but the lack of a PDF means a hard pass. PDF + roll20 would have been perfect.

Never backed one of their crowdfunding campaigns before, but I got some print stuff and loved it, so I wanted to show some support by backing it at pdf level (I prefer to wait and buy the print version from the Brazilian Amazon store; international shipping is very expensive right now). I hope they change their mind about a pdf version before the end.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases