The Dragon Lance

As I continue to work on my conversion, here is my first attempt at the lesser Dragonlance. I haven't figured out how I'm going to do the greater lance just yet, though...I may wait until the DMG is released for more information on magic items and their creation. The lesser lance, however, looks fairly well balanced. Let me know what you think.

Lesser Dragonlance
Weapon (Lance), legendary
During the Third Dragon Wars, it is said that the Gods of Good and Balance gave the secrets to forging these great weapons to Huma Dragonbane. The lesser Dragonlances are those forged without one of the two legendary artifacts required to create them; the Silver Arm of Ergoth and the Hammer of Kharas. Lesser Dragonlances are considered +1 weapons that deal 1d12 damage.
Dragon Bane. When a Dragonlance is used against an evil dragon, it is considered to be a +2 weapon. Attacks against the dragon are at advantage, and if the weapon hits, it does an extra 1d12 damage (for a total of 3d12 damage on a critical hit). In addition, upon a critical hit, the dragon has disadvantage on all attack rolls against the wielder for 1 minute. It can make a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw at the end of each round to overcome this penalty.

MartyW

Explorer
Interesting conversion... I like the critical effect. My only thought is that +2 and Advantage together may be a bit too powerful of a combination. But it's been a while since I looked at the old stats, so I may have to look back to the old DL books to see how it compares.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases