The Drinking Game.

Kuld

Explorer
My group likes to play a drinking game. Here are the rules in AD&D:

You begin with your CON score.

If you roll over your CON you get a –2*

For every 3 drinks you get a –1

*If you roll over your CON by 4 or more, you’re done (KO)

A role of 20 is automatic KO

A 1 gives you a +1 CON

Last man standing, wins. It is pretty fun, my boys like it, but I don’t think the rules make sense in 3/3.5 E. Any ideas or should I leave it alone?

dcollins

Explorer
At the very least, the rolls should be Fortitude saves against a particular DC.

(In the past I've made a feat called "Heavy Drinker" which gives more bonuses to these kinds of rolls, along with other ingested poisons.)

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Shin Okada said:
There is a drinking rule in Arms and Equipment Guide. Other supplements may contain simuler rules but I don't know.
Could you summarize the rule?

Shin Okada

Explorer
Jdvn1 said:
Could you summarize the rule?

Whenever you drink a certain amount of liquor (a glass of wine, a tankard full of beer, etc.) you make a fort save with certain DC (depends on the kind of drink). If you drink another shot within 1 hour, you take penalties on the save (-1 for the second drink, -2 for the 3rd drink, -4 for the 4th drink, and so on). If failed, you take 1d2 each of Wis damages and Dex damages. If you stop drinking, those damages are recovered 1point each/hour.

Kuld

Explorer
Shin Okada said:
Whenever you drink a certain amount of liquor (a glass of wine, a tankard full of beer, etc.) you make a fort save with certain DC (depends on the kind of drink). If you drink another shot within 1 hour, you take penalties on the save (-1 for the second drink, -2 for the 3rd drink, -4 for the 4th drink, and so on). If failed, you take 1d2 each of Wis damages and Dex damages. If you stop drinking, those damages are recovered 1point each/hour.

I see, first to reach 0 Wis or Dex, is done. Correct?

Edit: You add Con modifier to DC though. Right?

Last edited:

Shin Okada

Explorer
Kuld said:
I see, first to reach 0 Wis or Dex, is done. Correct?

Correct

Edit: You add Con modifier to DC though. Right?

No. DC is determined by the liquor. You add Con modifier to your fort saves as normal. See AEG for detail (I can't post all of the text here as it is not an open licence contents).

Remove ads