The Fall of Plaguestone OOC [CLOSED]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
It's a lot more work to make a character than I expected. But I have the bare bones for my LN human rogue Mortimer (working title) now! :)

Mortimer has a background as a barrister. I thought that appropriate for a party somehow suspected of a crime. I'm thinking he is not exactly working as a lawyer now (perhaps leaving his profession due to... circumstances, or perhaps not being from around here so having no jurisdiction?). Any thoughts how to write my bio in such a way so I can easily fit into the story?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Yeah I need to work on my background. I also did not play much of Pathfinders official setting so my understanding of Golarion is limited.
You are in good company. I played PF2 a few times during its playtest, but I have never, not once, played PF1. I think Paizo generally writes good material, though. I just don't know much about the world.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
It's a lot more work to make a character than I expected. But I have the bare bones for my LN human rogue Mortimer (working title) now! :)

Mortimer has a background as a barrister. I thought that appropriate for a party somehow suspected of a crime. I'm thinking he is not exactly working as a lawyer now (perhaps leaving his profession due to... circumstances, or perhaps not being from around here so having no jurisdiction?). Any thoughts how to write my bio in such a way so I can easily fit into the story?
The basic gist of things was that the PCs had been hired as extra security on a caravan, so you could be one of those, just haven't been named or important to the story yet. Otherwise maybe you were in Etran's Folly and staying at the Feedmill just passing through and you see an opportunity to offer your legal services to the party, as well as other skills. They will be having a trial in about a month, if they don't figure things out before then.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Yeah I need to work on my background. I also did not play much of Pathfinders official setting so my understanding of Golarion is limited.

You are in good company. I played PF2 a few times during its playtest, but I have never, not once, played PF1. I think Paizo generally writes good material, though. I just don't know much about the world.

There is a Pathfinder/Golarian wiki, and I know a bit about the world. Let me know what you need if you can't find it. I can also lend you Share to the Inner Sea World Guide (1e) and World of Lost Omens (2e), though most of that info should also be in the wiki.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
There is a Pathfinder/Golarian wiki, and I know a bit about the world. Let me know what you need if you can't find it. I can also lend you Share to the Inner Sea World Guide (1e) and World of Lost Omens (2e), though most of that info should also be in the wiki.
Oh yeah, research is how I manage to make it look like I know stuff about published works. Until 5e came out, I only ever played in homebrew worlds. In my own PBP games, I only fake knowing stuff about the Forgotten Realms. (I mean, I guess by this point I know the Sword Coast pretty well, but I'm no expert on Realmslore. I'm just not adverse to research!)

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Got room for one more?
I've never played PF2 before, but now that my IRL-turned-Discord weekly game has been put on hiatus, I have some time on my hands.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases