The Fugitive From Hell

Kaodi

Hero
Here lies my latest go at running a solo PbP game, and my first using 4th Edition.

This adventure feature Freedom, a tiefling warlock played by Rayex.

The next post marks the beginning of play.

Kaodi

Hero
The night you fled from Skeid, you slept in the hollow of an old tree, hopeful that you would not be found by your persuers from the village. All you had with you was an old but functional scythe taken from the fields, a scorched pouch of gold that you had taken off of the clerics burnt remains, a backpack with a little food and the clothes on your back.

That night Temptation came to you in your dreams. You were asleep in a sea of mist, but you could see him standing over you, smiling darkly. You have done well, young one. I will visit you again, sometime soon, he seemed to say, though his lips did not move. Floating back into the shadows, he faded away and you were left undisturbed for the rest of the night.

Over the next several days, you passed through the woods, and then through the next village that lied closest to Skeid. You had visited there once with Mikial when you were younger, and it was in even worse shape than your home. You passed through quickly after doing the best to hide your heritage from recognition, taking only a few supplies you need to make it to the next village further up the road. You passed through there quickly as well, but you were able to aquire some tough leather clothing and some other goods that would make your trip easier. And then you moved on.

The third and last place you passed through was Eilkar, a large village pretending to be a town, though to be fair it was perhaps on the verge of becoming one. The outer limits were surrounded by a low earthen wall, not too great an obstacle but enough to slow down any raiders or fell beasts. The mood in the village was, of course, depressed, like every other place you had ever been. Life out here of the fringes was anything but stable, but people here went about the business of eking out an existence with a little more enthusiasm that those back in Skeid. You were able to stay in Eilkar for a couple of days, enough to rest your weary feet and stock up on provisions and the rest of the gear you would need, but you were still too close to your old home for comfort, and if anyone was looking for you word would get here without much delay.

You had a choice of destinations after leaving Eilkar. You could head further into marginally more civilized lands closer to where the old local power centre of Nerath had been, or you could cut across the woods in search of somewhere that would be protected from rumours for a while. You took the latter.

Unfortunately, no one told you about the Glarwood's sinister reputation, or maybe you just forgot to ask. After all, most places around here have a sinister reputation, so it might be the sort of thing people would just assume you knew. But that doesn't help when you are lost in the forest, with who knows what hungry predators and strange beasts lurking about. It has been two days since you left Eilkar, and if you do not find your way out soon, you could be in trouble. You do not have the training in natural lore or toughing it out, but with a little luck you could get out of this one yet.

( Sorry it took me so long to get going. Welcome to The Fugitive From Hell, and your first skill challenge! You are going to need to make me and Endurance check, and then a Nature check, and you can interject with any kind of flavour text or ideas that you like. You might also want to post your completed character sheet, with background, in your first post. You might want to put that in an sblock, but for the most part I am pretty relaxed with just putting out of character stuff in brackets. )

Remove ads