D&D 4E The Intelligent Fighter , Thibault's Circle / La Destreza.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Did i mention Intellect as the Predictive Analysis attribute?

"To gain Atajo, the Spanish masters stressed mastering the feel, or Tacto, of the opponent’s weapon through their own sword. Done properly, Tacto allowed the fencer to read the strengths and weaknesses of the opponent’s guard or attack. Once these strengths and weaknesses were realized, the Spaniard could, as if by magic, respond to the opponent even before the attack began."

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I
The problem with allowing an offhand weapon in a fighting style for it is that it then has less room. I think instead the Adept of The Mysterious Circle feat should be a good pick for dual wielders, single one handed weapon users, and dueling fighting style uses.

I am currently making the Paragon Path : Adept of the Mysterious Circle. And hunting for good flavor text. I have a couple of powers started

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Here is one possible power for the Paragon path

focusedthreat.png

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
This one may be more in the descriptor for controlling enemies tangents of attack
so its named it to invoke Thibaults

View attachment 107265

I think maybe some mobility feats to make the distance moved better would be nice... like Intelligence modifier or Intelligence Modifier / 2 ... or something

I think a lot of shifting is a good idea since keeping the enemy from being settled in their alignment against you seems a feature of the fighting styles defense.

" La Destreza is based on movement and not solely on technique. What is meant by movement is specific actions of the weapon and body. Each technique (treta) in La Destreza is formed by a combination of movements that compose the technique. As in dancing each step is learned separately, and when performed there are enumerable combinations that create the dance. So it is in Spanish swordsmanship; the varied combinations of movements create techniques (tretas)."

Last edited:

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I am currently making the Paragon Path : Adept of the Mysterious Circle. And hunting for good flavor text. I have a couple of powers started

I have a character whose Blade Song is interpreted as less magical than a sort of meditative focus which allows him to create a visual overlay in his mind, essentially projecting an Augmented Reality display in his field of vision (like iron man). He sees the circle of his own fighting space, those of other creature he can see, and all the tangent lines that connect and intersect within those, as well as the concentric circles of range, sound, normal focus, etc.

So, when he is missed due to his Int bonus to AC, he is seeing that line of attack and the opportunity, and where and how he can move his body and weapon to avoid or intercept the attack.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I have a character whose Blade Song is interpreted as less magical than a sort of meditative focus which allows him to create a visual overlay in his mind, essentially projecting an Augmented Reality display in his field of vision (like iron man). He sees the circle of his own fighting space, those of other creature he can see, and all the tangent lines that connect and intersect within those, as well as the concentric circles of range, sound, normal focus, etc.

So, when he is missed due to his Int bonus to AC, he is seeing that line of attack and the opportunity, and where and how he can move his body and weapon to avoid or intercept the attack.

Fun visuals...

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
There seem quite a few Paragon Paths that one might want Rakeheir dualist and others but also I almost feel like you might end up being too well defended.

I am wondering if some sort of converted form of Polearm master tricks bringing the extended spatial control angle home.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Fencing Master's Riposte

I love my Swordmages white lotus riposte for characters who play aggressively its very handy particularly following a swordburst.

Inspired by that I have wanted martial classes to have some of the same awesome.

ThibaultsRiposte.png

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Martial classes do not have a swordburst like power though grumble grumble controllers
---> why not? Arcane defender has one.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases