D&D 4E The Intelligent Fighter , Thibault's Circle / La Destreza.

Tony Vargas

Legend
Ah I can see the damage limit up to a point... but wouldnt that be covered by something as simple as damage -2
It could've been, but that sure wasn't the kinda thing they were going for with Essentials. They made it behave as much like an ordinary weapon attack as possible.

I think zones and similar have better controller zing ... There seems limited scope for martial to emulate that
And, the Zone keyword is subject to Dispel Magic, so kinda off the table.

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
[MENTION=996]Tony Vargas[/MENTION]

The Berserker/Barbarian one I made does have the advantage of hitting things you do not know are there and similar.

I am liking the Wild Swing feat idea you had, to remove the that you can see limit. I removed the limit from the power above, hence the mention of presentience.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
@Tony Vargas

The Berserker/Barbarian one I made does have the advantage of hitting things you do not know are there and similar.

I am liking the Wild Swing feat idea you had, to remove the that you can see limit. I removed the limit from the power above, hence the mention of presentience.

About this ... I am thinking any Barbarian one should be wild from the get go.

And we could have a Controlled Swing to allow a Barbarian to choose otherwise.

The question might be while flavorful is that a feat worthy thing or do we need to attach it to some other benefits in a feat.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I wasn't thinking this would be a part of Martial Power III, but it really works and letting a fighter have fencing support and a grim dark intelligence focused high survival one inspired from history is awesome sauce.

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
And, the Zone keyword is subject to Dispel Magic, so kinda off the table.

There are very few elements in 4e that have flavor so far knocked down that you cannot shake them up. Dispel Magic and Martial Practices vs Rituals are ones so far I have seen brought up. MP and R are generally fixed by giving MP sufficient support or allowing extremely liberal reflavoring of rituals. So do we create zones with a different flavor we call them areas of influence and allow martial controllers to disrupt areas of influence?

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Here is one possible power for the Paragon path
I need a couple more starting off powers for the Paragon Path on this...

educationalexp.png

I have these they might focus a bit too much on how scary these guys are and no I do not like the level 20 one yet
FocusedThreat.png

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I think I have figured out a method to let this really pop... and its something akin to how the swordmage can take a feat to get a spell book.

The int 13 fighter type could get a Book of Techniques. For the most part like a spell book however perhaps it comes with abilities that allow access to the alternates in the repertoire. Perhaps

inspired strike at will standard action: make a basic attack with int/wis modifier instead of strength and select an alternate encounter power from your repertoire that you can now use during this combat. Flavor wise "reduced to your most fundamental ability you mind reaches for something better"

While sure obsessing and studying your book in the morning might explain swapping out a power but.... the above seems better flavor.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases