[+] The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power - SPOILERS ALLOWED

AK81

Explorer
yeah, I’m with you on that one. It can’t be anything as simple as mithril being extremely useful and they can make fantastically beautiful things with it. Some writer has to up the stakes and make it an existential necessity for the elves.
I don't think the story is true. I have a feeling that Sauron is in the background whispering lies to Gil-galad and Celebrimbor, and he probably need the mithril to create the rings.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm starting to feel the nmber of mystery boxes is getting a little too much. In a story where we purportedly know who all the major players are going to be, we're wondering who the stranger, Adar, and Halbrand are, where/who is Sauron, what's the sword, etc. I'm hoping we get some answers to some of these soon.

Hussar

Legend
I'm starting to feel the nmber of mystery boxes is getting a little too much. In a story where we purportedly know who all the major players are going to be, we're wondering who the stranger, Adar, and Halbrand are, where/who is Sauron, what's the sword, etc. I'm hoping we get some answers to some of these soon.
Heh, well, they do have to fill 8 seasons with material. :D

MarkB

Legend
I'm beginning to wonder if there isn't actually a dual timeline being run, as some have speculated. Perhaps what's happening in the Southlands was actually what happened in Halbrand's youth and why he's ashamed (because they bent the knee to "Father"). Is he Theo, grown up?

Doubtful, but it would have been an interesting way to go.
The issue there is that these characters all saw the Red Star, same as everyone else. Waldreg even thinks it's an omen of Sauron's return.

And sure, there could have been two separate Red Star events, but at that point the show's gone from simple misdirection to actively trolling the audience.

Ryujin

Legend
The issue there is that these characters all saw the Red Star, same as everyone else. Waldreg even thinks it's an omen of Sauron's return.

And sure, there could have been two separate Red Star events, but at that point the show's gone from simple misdirection to actively trolling the audience.
I don't see that as much of an issue. There are 5 Istari, plus Sauron, who could have all fallen.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases