[+] The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power - SPOILERS ALLOWED

Dioltach

Legend
Just saw the description accompanying the video:

"Amazon Studios’ forthcoming series brings to screens for the very first time the heroic legends of the fabled Second Age of Middle-earth's history. This epic drama is set thousands of years before the events of J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, and will take viewers back to an era in which great powers were forged, kingdoms rose to glory and fell to ruin, unlikely heroes were tested, hope hung by the finest of threads, and the greatest villain that ever flowed from Tolkien’s pen threatened to cover all the world in darkness. Beginning in a time of relative peace, the series follows an ensemble cast of characters, both familiar and new, as they confront the long-feared re-emergence of evil to Middle-earth. From the darkest depths of the Misty Mountains, to the majestic forests of the elf-capital of Lindon, to the breathtaking island kingdom of Númenor, to the furthest reaches of the map, these kingdoms and characters will carve out legacies that live on long after they are gone."

Sounds like it will cover the Fall of Númenor and the War of the Last Alliance.

Here is a longer thread from earlier in 2021 with more discussion.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I can't wait. My most anticipated new show right now.

(Though it has strong competition with House of the Dragon and Strange New Worlds).

I'll be honest- I am ... uncertain. If this was on HBO, I would be so incredibly excited. If it was on AppleTV, I would be really excited (under the radar, they have been making some good TV). If it was on Netflix, I would expect two great seasons, one mediocre season, and then having it unceremoniously cancelled (you know it to be true).

But Amazon has been really hit or miss with their shows. Having just finished Wheel of Time, I was not overly impressed. Heck- while I am happy they finished the Expanse, the last season was underwhelming.

Of course, I will watch it! With the amount of money they are shoveling into it, it's going to look good ... right?

Dire Bare

Legend
The "Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power" is a bit unwieldy as a title. Needs tightening.

How about "The Lord of the Rings of Power" . . . or, "The Lord of the Power Rings"!

I kid, I'm really excited for this show!

GreyLord

Legend
The "Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power" is a bit unwieldy as a title. Needs tightening.

How about "The Lord of the Rings of Power" . . . or, "The Lord of the Power Rings"!

I kid, I'm really excited for this show!

Rings of the Power Ranger Lord?

(You know it...all the Rangers stem from this source.......)

Remove ads