The Making of 20 Modern

Evil Genius Productions has released the first episode of a Making of d20 Modern series on YouTube, to coincide with both the game's 20th anniversary, and also the Everyday Heroes Kickstarter which is launching soon. d20 Modern was produced by WotC and used the d20 System (which powered D&D 3E) in a separate roleplaying game set in the modern world. It was followed up by d20 Future, and other...

Evil Genius Productions has released the first episode of a Making of d20 Modern series on YouTube, to coincide with both the game's 20th anniversary, and also the Everyday Heroes Kickstarter which is launching soon.

d20 Modern was produced by WotC and used the d20 System (which powered D&D 3E) in a separate roleplaying game set in the modern world. It was followed up by d20 Future, and other books.

The video features Sigfried Trent, Bill Slavicsek, Jeff Grubb, Rich Redman, and Charles Ryan.

Wow time flies I rember buying d20 modern and looking forward to playing it. I guess 8 never found time in the last 20 years..maybe the next edition.

R_J_K75

Legend
Great interview! Loved Modern back in the day. Loved it more than 3e D&D. Played Modern instead for about three years.
Same here I got burned out on 3E around 2004-2005 and started playing Modern exclusively for a while too. I'm feeling the same way for 5E now so I'm looking forward to the new Everyday Heroes. We even played Alternity for a while when it came out in the later 90s.

How could we know if this system is enoughly popular? When we start to see in internet homebred versions of famous characters and monsters, for example the husks from Fortnite: Save the World, Marion Cobrett vs Night-Slasher(Sylvester Stalone's Cobra) from videogames or movies&teleseries.

My best wishes for the project. I hope it was translated to other languages some day in the future. When the settings?

Mezuka

Hero
Same here I got burned out on 3E around 2004-2005 and started playing Modern exclusively for a while too. I'm feeling the same way for 5E now so I'm looking forward to the new Everyday Heroes. We even played Alternity for a while when it came out in the later 90s.
Now I play Modern AGE by Green Ronin. I really like the stunt point mechanic. They make combat scenes less predictable.

I'm working on a '70s-action-tv-show-with-special-car' campaign.

R_J_K75

Legend
Now I play Modern AGE by Green Ronin. I really like the stunt point mechanic. They make combat scenes less predictable.
Never heard of it, I'll have to look into it. Didn't Green Ronin move away from the d20 system to something else? I bought Ultra Modern 5 but its too tied to D&D 5E system for my taste with character creation at least for my taste. We played a few games about 2 months ago, it was fun but I was just winging it mostly. I want something that stands on its own but isnt a totally new system of mechanics as my players aren't the greatest at leaning new things. I think this new Everyday Heroes might suit us well.

Mezuka

Hero
Never heard of it, I'll have to look into it. Didn't Green Ronin move away from the d20 system to something else? I bought Ultra Modern 5 but its too tied to D&D 5E system for my taste with character creation at least for my taste. We played a few games about 2 months ago, it was fun but I was just winging it mostly. I want something that stands on its own but isnt a totally new system of mechanics as my players aren't the greatest at leaning new things. I think this new Everyday Heroes might suit us well.
AGE is their generic system that replaced True20. It uses 3d6 instead of d20. It's classless so it's more flexible. Overall it is very easy to learn for d20 players. 3d6 + attribute bonus + skill or talent bonus [= or higher than target number] is a success.

Remove ads

Remove ads