D&D 5E The October D&D Book is Fizban’s Treasury of Dragons

As revealed by Nerd Immersion by deciphering computer code from D&D Beyond! Which makes my guess earlier this year spot on! UPDATE -- the book now has a description! https://www.enworld.org/threads/fizbans-treasury-the-dragon-book-now-has-a-description.681399/ https://www.enworld.org/threads/my-guess-for-the-other-d-d-book-this-year-draconomicon.680687/ Fizban the Fabulous by Vera...

As revealed by Nerd Immersion by deciphering computer code from D&D Beyond!

Fizban the Fabulous is, of course, the accident-prone, befuddled alter-ego of Dragonlance’s god of good dragons, Paladine, the platinum dragon (Dragonlance’s version of Bahamut).

Which makes my guess earlier this year spot on!

UPDATE -- the book now has a description!

2E56D87C-A6D8-4079-A3B5-132567350A63.png

EEA82AF0-58EA-457E-B1CA-9CD5DCDF4035.jpeg

Fizban the Fabulous by Vera Gentinetta

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Pssst, they are in the PHB already, there's a sidebar explaining it.

They may dump that... setting books weren't really high in the writers minds when the PHB was written, and if they're keen on Dragonlance getting a setting book, it's a near-certainty draconians will get their own subrace at minimum.

Reynard

Legend
I am certain they will address how Dragonborn on different worlds are different, same as Dwarves & Elves in MToF.
Even leaving aside the issue of origins -- if you thought a PC race being the probable result of sexual assault, try making a race that's the result of forced abortion/genocide -- draconians simply don't fit in the same place as dragonborn.

Also, death explosions.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
They may dump that... setting books weren't really high in the writers minds when the PHB was written, and if they're keen on Dragonlance getting a setting book, it's a near-certainty draconians will get their own subrace at minimum.
I reckon they will double down on it, considering how popular Dragonborn are with players.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Even leaving aside the issue of origins -- if you thought a PC race being the probable result of sexual assault, try making a race that's the result of forced abortion/genocide -- draconians simply don't fit in the same place as dragonborn.

Also, death explosions.
The origins of Dragonborn haven't really been addressed in 5E, so I think we will see that tackled here, along with Draconians as a local type.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
I reckon they will double down on it, considering how popular Dragonborn are with players.

No way. Considering how Joe Manganiello already leaked that WotC were playing with rules for Draconians (that he got to play with), and that WotC always wants to provide more rules for different race options, I definitely think they'll want to at least make a new subrace of dragonborn to cover Draconians.

Remove ads

Remove ads