The Orrussus Town Guard - Huh!?

Wik

First Post
Living ENWorld Wiki said:
Found Here:

The Town Guard
The Orussus Guard prides itself on its response time. Each squad consists of five guards: four armed guards and a powerful wizard capable of teleportation magic to whisk the five to the location of the emergency. Joe, the bartender at the Red Dragon, has a method of magical communication with the guard. Their current record stands at thirty seconds, in response to a "duel" that took place outside of the Red Dragon Inn between the halfling Cain and the human wizard Calamar the Dark.

(bold added for emphasis)

Also:

One reason why the economy of the city prospers so much is the security of the city. It is one of the safest cities on the continent. The guilds see the value of a safe city that keeps the goods flowing. Guard towers have been established in each district, [and the number of active watchmen is kept around one for each 120 people in the city, including the temporary inhabitants, at all times. That means the average number of active guards in the city is at any time would be 100, spread throughout the different guard towers.

In other words, at any one time, there are at least TWENTY wizards in Orussus that are capable of 5th level spells. Meaning, really, Rillithorne is nothing.

I thought LEW was supposed to be low-level? Why exactly do we need teleporting town guardsmen?

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
Yeah, let's update the wiki.

I wonder... should I add the events of "Blacklily Violence" to their "history" thread?

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
By "their history thread" do you mean our history thread? =P Because it's our wiki, it's your wiki, so do whatever you want! The history thread was supposed to eventually contain every adventure ever run and the summary and important details of each, but I ran out of time (and lost a little steam, to be honest) before I got that far. Also, some Enworldian history could go in there too, but I'm not aware of too many significant historical events. There's the Great Orc War in Sairundan. That's actually all I can think of, besides creation myths.

So anyway, it's not that it couldn't hurt to put your adventure on the wiki, it would help a great deal. You could even start a trend!

Patlin

Explorer
Wik said:
Meaning, really, Rillithorne is nothing.

It's amazing how an npc can change and grow in a living world after you introduce him. :) It just seems odd to me that he's a well known powerfull wizard. I think my pocket description of him was something like "higher level mage, but no competition for the PCs due to lack of adventurous spirit. He's content to sell scrolls and potions in his small shop."

Rystil Arden

First Post
If it's any consolation, the Academy of the Chromatic Order doesn't think much of him (despite the fact that he is easily as high level as all but their best at level 9) due to both his lack of spirit and the fact that he wasn't trained there ;)

Remove ads