The producer of Andromeda/Dresden Files one of us ..

Von Ether

Legend
One of Robert Hewitt Wolfe's quotes on SciFi Wire:
Which isn't to say that we don't consult with him[author of Dresden Files novels, Jim Butcher] , and he doesn't have notes like, 'You know, he really shouldn't fall out of the third-floor window and float to the ground, because that's just a first-level D&D spell. It's not that great.' That's the kind of notes Jim gives, which are great." The Dresden Files premieres on SCI FI Channel this summer.
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=3&id=37107&type=0
Which I'd like to think implies both the producer and the writer have had some D&D play time. :)

Slife

First Post
Didn't know about the Dresden files becoming a show. Hopefully it will turn out well. The scifi channel really needs more exclusive things than just their "attack of the killer X" movies.

From reading the books, it's pretty obvious that Butcher has some playtime under his belt. (Although the Dresden series is more like D20 Modern than DnD)

Cam Banks

Adventurer
Seeing as I was in Jim's Warhammer FRP game a couple years ago before he moved to Independence, and he was in my Elizabethulhu D&D game, I should say yes, he's got some playtime under his belt. Jim is a hard-core gamer. He'd do more of that if he had the time, but writing novels and taking care of a kick-ass family is more than a full-time gig.

He also grills a mean hamburger come game-day.

Cheers,
Cam

tensen

First Post
Butcher is a gamer. I spoke with him at a Con about that.
The people that are creating the Dresden Files rpg are friends of his.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Slife said:
Didn't know about the Dresden files becoming a show. Hopefully it will turn out well. The scifi channel really needs more exclusive things than just their "attack of the killer X" movies.

From reading the books, it's pretty obvious that Butcher has some playtime under his belt. (Although the Dresden series is more like D20 Modern than DnD)

Hopefully it'll be good. The books are great to read!! :D

I wish they had a better lock on when it starts other than "Summer 2006"...

Remove ads